Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7.5 ST New engine no start?

MehmyZ

Hello

Seem to be having an issue with my fiesta not starting, the car is not getting spark.  I've just fitted a new bottom end and now it's all built back up it wont start. It spins over only 3 times and wont do anything else 

It's getting fuel because the plugs are wet 

There are no DTC's 

Checked all relevant fuses and they seem to be all working fine 

Any suggestions on what to check next? Or why the car might not be getting spark? 

Thanks for any suggestions!

What I would recommend that you check if you have spark first as this is the easiest thing to check, of you do have spark, check for compression

I've already checked mate by pulling the plug out and grounding it ect.. there is NO spark.. that's what I cant figure out?

Check the crank sensor is plugged in and hasn't been damaged during the rebuild.

I assume the immobiliser light isn't flashing?

Crank sensor is definitely plugged in, I even tried another one but still the same.. everything's pointing towards immobiliser I think 

is the immobiliser light flashing ? normally if immobiliser is not disarmed then the starter motor does not do anything at all.

And you would normally get a fault code indicating that an attempt to start was made but the immobilser was active.

are you using a proven fault code reader/software that has previously successfully read fault codes on this car.

have you measured Ohms between pins 6 and 14 on OBD socket (ignition turned off). I know on a Focus mk2.5 it should read 60 ohms . I do not know if other cars vary. This should give some indication if the OBD socket is connected to the 'central computer'.

Bit of an update 

When we accessed the immobiliser module earlier on the diagnostic software, it displayed a message saying that the key wasn't recognised... which would explain why it doesn't want to start.. so the plan is to code both my keys to the car and see if that gets it going...

The diagnostic software has previously read codes on the car and many others, we use it daily at work 

When my brothers car was not recognising the two previously working keys it was due to poor connections between the instrument cluster and the ecu under the front wing.