Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 wing mirror indicator lens replacement

OllyY

Help, I have cracked the wing mirror indicator lens on my MK8 Fiesta (18 Reg so latest model). I have ordered a replacement part from Ford but I can't find any information anywhere regarding the removal of the casing to be able to swap the lens. Does anyone know how to pop the cover off?

Afaik the mk7 & mk8 mirrors are identical so this should help-

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OllyY said:

Help, I have cracked the wing mirror indicator lens on my MK8 Fiesta (18 Reg so latest model). I have ordered a replacement part from Ford but I can't find any information anywhere regarding the removal of the casing to be able to swap the lens. Does anyone know how to pop the cover off?

I don’t know the exact process but did once wonder about how i’d go about it and checked the instruction manual that comes with the car, I think from what I remember, that had a fairly solid answer.

Thank you for your response. I have checked the manual but it just says use something like a screwdriver to prize either side open. I have looked at doing that but I can only see that ending very badly.

That is bad advice actually haha, thought it was better than that in all honesty. But the video provided by Stoney seems spot on! 

Worth investing in a good trim removal kit. They’re max 15 quid on amazon but can replace the screwdriver in these situations and when used properly, almost certainly won’t leave any damage behind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DG97 said:

That is bad advice actually haha, thought it was better than that in all honesty. But the video provided by Stoney seems spot on! 

Worth investing in a good trim removal kit. They’re max 15 quid on amazon but can replace the screwdriver in these situations and when used properly, almost certainly won’t leave any damage behind.

Ok, thanks for that advice. I am struggling to find the clips inside that the video shows behind the mirror. Are they definitely the same?

1 hour ago, OllyY said:

Ok, thanks for that advice. I am struggling to find the clips inside that the video shows behind the mirror. Are they definitely the same?

the whole plastic cover needs to come off i had to have mine done by ford i watched you just need to use trim removal tools and do it gently and it will pop off

1 minute ago, jakephillips05 said:

the whole plastic cover needs to come off i had to have mine done by ford i watched you just need to use trim removal tools and do it gently and it will pop off

Thanks for your response, I am going to order some trim removal tools. Could you please confirm if you need to undo clips behind the mirror or just prize it off carefully using trim removal tool? Many thanks.

14 minutes ago, OllyY said:

Thanks for your response, I am going to order some trim removal tools. Could you please confirm if you need to undo clips behind the mirror or just prize it off carefully using trim removal tool? Many thanks.

it was quite a while ago but from what i remember on the mk8 theres no clips behind mirror just comes off slowly, although your car is under warranty so they should be replacing it for you bro 

2 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

it was quite a while ago but from what i remember on the mk8 theres no clips behind mirror just comes off slowly, although your car is under warranty so they should be replacing it for you bro 

OK great, so just prize it apart very carefully? I am replacing the lens as I clipped the wall on my drive so all my fault, don't think Ford will cover that under warranty unfortunately and I'm not paying for them to do it. I appreciate you getting back to me with that advice, many thanks.

Good job you aint got a Audi A4 like our next door (16 reg) its not a bulb its a circuit board say LED and quoted £250 to do at Audio,part was over £100 so did it himself.

Very tricky job and good to see this is a bulb and straight forward to fit.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Good job you aint got a Audi A4 like our next door (16 reg) its not a bulb its a circuit board say LED and quoted £250 to do at Audio,part was over £100 so did it himself.

Very tricky job and good to see this is a bulb and straight forward to fit.

VAG have been using LED circuit boards in mirrors for over a decade.  They're only expensive if you buy from the dealer, the one on my Golf cost £9 from China with half the mirror casing as well lol.  Sadly it's not sequential on the Mk6 Golf though, those are about £30 for the A4s.  More than a bulb and lens admittedly, but sequential indicators do look cool! :laugh: 

Did they actually pull the mirror out of the housing?

Still struggling. There does not appear to be any clips behind the mirror glass and I have also tried prizing the mirror apart using trim removal tools. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, OllyY said:

Still struggling. There does not appear to be any clips behind the mirror glass and I have also tried prizing the mirror apart using trim removal tools. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Just changed side signal bulbs to led.

Blue is prytool and picture shows where to start.

Just press black bottom part 1-2mm down/ in so you can slide prytool under red part.

Then slide it gently to right until you hear a click.  I was struggling with this myself and tried to take off mirror lens etc..

So no need to touch the mirror at all.

Now its easy when I figured it out!

20190713_152738.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Side mirror.jpg

26 minutes ago, Hair said:

Just press black bottom part 1-2mm down/ in so you can slide prytool under red part.

Then slide gently to right until you hear a click.  I was struggling with this myself and tried to take off mirror lens etc..

20190713_152738.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Side mirror.jpg

You are an absolute star mate. Just done it and fitted the new lens. There does appear to be clips at the top however with the cover removed I poked a tool through the top of the mirror and it isn't easy to get on to them. Your way is much easier. Many thanks

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, OllyY said:

Where did you purchase this from? Do you have the link? I am trying to find a replacement lens for my 2017-present Fiesta and failing miserably.

Post deleted

Edited by JanWebster
Mistake

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, Hair said:

Then slide it gently to right until you hear a click.  I was struggling with this myself and tried to take off mirror lens etc..

20190713_152738.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Side mirror.jpg

Is the indicator lens a part of the whole wing mirror unit? I’ve smashed mine also, wondering if you can buy a replacement lens or if you need a whole new wing mirror. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Burrows97 said:

Is the indicator lens a part of the whole wing mirror unit? I’ve smashed mine also, wondering if you can buy a replacement lens or if you need a whole new wing mirror. 

Hi!

Lens is removable so no need to buy whole thing.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, Burrows97 said:

Hi, I’ve smashed mine also. Would you recommend getting the parts from ford or can you get them elsewhere, am struggling to find any as I also have an 18 plate. Also wondering how much it will all cost 

Thanks

Easy to remove hence, i got rid of the fried egg look...on all indicators....

• 6 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club