Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What oil for 1596cc petrol engine

Fiesta1.25

Hi looking to do an oil change this weekend, what oil would be recommended for my 2010 mk7 1.6 petrol I was looking at this? Asda are doing a deal on it...... 236fbc3f3dc6880c3aa756217ccc962f.jpg

13f455f69cb6dc6a5f40c058b9010f56.jpg says on the label it’s for stop/start which my car doesn’t have, would that matter?

Castrol A5 5w30 is perfect for that engine. You'll find your owners manual actually lists one, if not both of those WSS numbers on the back of the container.

How much have they got it going for just out of interest?

Ideal mate thanks for the info, they’re selling it for £20 for 4litres

I’ve just wiped my local Asda out of every bottle of 5w30 Castrol magnatec of various specs. £12 a bottle.

5 minutes ago, stef123 said:

I’ve just wiped my local Asda out of every bottle of 5w30 Castrol magnatec of various specs. £12 a bottle.

Is that for 4 litre bottles? 😮  Is it a nationwide deal or just your local one?

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Is that for 4 litre bottles? 😮  Is it a nationwide deal or just your local one?

Yep 4 litre bottles. A5 and C3.

I checked in one of the Edinburgh stores and my mate checked Livingston and a Glasgow store, nothing. So perhaps only certain stores.

• Thanks 1

Asda regularly reduce their Magnatec oils to £20, but I have never seen it at £12, hopefully they are not just clearing their shelves because they are discontinuing it.

For any locals the Livingston store normally has a good stock of oils.

• Like 1

For anyone who’s going to check their local Asda, it wasn’t beside the oil/car section it was on the end of an aisle. 

Just been to the Livingston store and they still have a few on the shelf currently at £20 reduced from £33,

just got my Magnetec at £20 from Asda,says reduced from £31,  £31 is a high price for this product but £20 is a cheap price. i won't be needing it for months until next oil change but better to buy it when you see it cheap. It's sods law that it won't be on offer when you need it, so if you're in Asda anyway and see it at this price then you may as well get it now.

Castrol are a bit mean selling it in 4 litre bottles as that is not enough for some cars (what happened to 5 litres or 1 gallon(4.54 litres)). Luckily mine takes a tad under 4 litres. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club