Rattus

ST Line X stop/start and keyless entry blues

Recommended Posts

Regarding the use of the Ford Pass app.

I have to say I find it useful for remotely checking Fuel level/distance to empty, Vehicle location, tyre pressure,Odometer, auto engine stop/start etc.

Also, I think I am correct in saying that I used my Ford Pass to enable the Live Traffic feature.

Having said that perhaps there is an impact on the battery if using the app.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 2:53 AM, PLB said:

Regarding Auto Stop Start.

I started a thread back in May and the conclusion was that apparently it is normal for the stop start function to disable from time to time.

I find that my Auto Stop Start still only works occasionally.

BTW, having just read through this thread I have just ordered a voltage monitor from amazon so thanks for the tip. 👍

 

 

Top man! 

Is yours an ST Line X as well?

I am really liking the voltage monitor! It is getting quite addictive with its electric blue digital display. I will need to charge something up to see what else it displays 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another irritating issue today as well. I am starting to lose the love!!

Now the passenger window has taken to sensing something in the way and fully opening again. Ridiculous really. It closes to where it should and then decides to fully open! The list is growing in readiness for the service. I hope they have a decent courtesy car for the time it takes to sort this one out 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rattus said:

Top man! 

Is yours an ST Line X as well?

I am really liking the voltage monitor! It is getting quite addictive with its electric blue digital display. I will need to charge something up to see what else it displays 😎

I have the Titanium X.
The spec is pretty much the same but as you probably know one of the main difference to ST line X is the body styling and its sportier feel.
Just received my voltage monitor today so I haven't had time to play with it yet.
 
Regarding your passenger window problem.
Take a look at the following extract from the user manual, in particular 'Resetting Bounce Back'
Probably worth a try.
 
POWER WINDOWS

Opening and Closing the Windows
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  Do not leave children unattended in your vehicle and do not let them play with the power windows. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  When closing the power windows, verify they are free of obstruction and make sure that children and pets are not in the proximity of the window openings.
 
Missing Image   Press the control to open the window. Lift the control to close the window.
Note:  The power windows operate with the ignition on, and for several minutes after you switch the ignition off or until you open a front door.
To reduce wind noise or pulsing noise when one window is open, slightly open the opposite window.
One-Touch Open (If Equipped)
 Fully press the control and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
One-Touch Close (If Equipped)
 Fully lift the control and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note:  Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
Rear Window Lock
Missing Image   Press the control to lock or unlock the rear window controls. It illuminates when you lock the rear window controls.
 
Overriding Bounce-Back
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  If you override bounce-back, the window does not reverse if it detects an obstacle. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
 
  1. Close the window until it reaches the point of resistance and let it reverse.
  1. Lift the control within two seconds to override bounce-back and close the window.Bounce-back is now disabled and you can close the window manually.
Note:  The window goes past the point of resistance and you can fully close it.
Note:  If the window does not close, have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.
 
Resetting Bounce-Back
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  Bounce-back is off until you reset the memory. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
 
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note:  Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem with the windows 'bouncing back' after the car had been for a software update to the PCM. The procedure I found to reset it was, after its bounced back , immediately use the one-touch up button, repeat this and on the the third attempt the system is reset and the window closes properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Obviously you need to get the car back in to check the keyless system.

My experience of MK4s is that they are not updating all the modules at PDI and MK4s are tending to suffer with software glitches (typical Ford)

You may have some sort of current drain going on, though again it could be software related.

You can update the SYNC3 system yourself by following the instructions on the Ford website (search Ford Sync 3 update UK).

Get the dealer to update every module that requires it and your problems should disappear.

Are you driving in Sport mode? Stop/Start deactivates in sport mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

My experience of MK4s is that they are not updating all the modules at PDI

That's my experience too.

Quote

Get the dealer to update every module that requires it and your problems should disappear.

They seem reluctant to do that. I use a small Ford dealer where you can actually talk to the technician and I had a long chat with him about updates that were showing as available on ETIS for my car. According to him, Fords policy is not to update modules unless there the vehicle actually has a related fault. So the dealers are also reluctant to do uneccesary updates in case it causes other problems which they then have to fix at their cost. In my case I was able to review the available updates with the technician and agree which ones we thought would be worthwhile.

Having said that, on a car which is showing problems, you would have thought that doing all the updates is a good idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 11:34 PM, PLB said:
I have the Titanium X.
The spec is pretty much the same but as you probably know one of the main difference to ST line X is the body styling and its sportier feel.
Just received my voltage monitor today so I haven't had time to play with it yet.
 
Regarding your passenger window problem.
Take a look at the following extract from the user manual, in particular 'Resetting Bounce Back'
Probably worth a try.
 
POWER WINDOWS

Opening and Closing the Windows
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  Do not leave children unattended in your vehicle and do not let them play with the power windows. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  When closing the power windows, verify they are free of obstruction and make sure that children and pets are not in the proximity of the window openings.
 
Missing Image   Press the control to open the window. Lift the control to close the window.
Note:  The power windows operate with the ignition on, and for several minutes after you switch the ignition off or until you open a front door.
To reduce wind noise or pulsing noise when one window is open, slightly open the opposite window.
One-Touch Open (If Equipped)
 Fully press the control and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
One-Touch Close (If Equipped)
 Fully lift the control and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note:  Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
Rear Window Lock
Missing Image   Press the control to lock or unlock the rear window controls. It illuminates when you lock the rear window controls.
 
Overriding Bounce-Back
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  If you override bounce-back, the window does not reverse if it detects an obstacle. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
 
  1. Close the window until it reaches the point of resistance and let it reverse.
  1. Lift the control within two seconds to override bounce-back and close the window.Bounce-back is now disabled and you can close the window manually.
Note:  The window goes past the point of resistance and you can fully close it.
Note:  If the window does not close, have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.
 
Resetting Bounce-Back
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  Bounce-back is off until you reset the memory. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
 
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note:  Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

Ha! Tried that!!

Biggest problem is trying to get the window closed in the first instance, and thereafter, as soon as the window is up it is straight back on the down travel!!!!

It'll soon be at a dealer......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 7:23 AM, ianincheshire said:

I had the same problem with the windows 'bouncing back' after the car had been for a software update to the PCM. The procedure I found to reset it was, after its bounced back , immediately use the one-touch up button, repeat this and on the the third attempt the system is reset and the window closes properly.

I must have a deeper rooted problem as mine will not accept this at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, DaveT70 said:

Hi,

Obviously you need to get the car back in to check the keyless system.

My experience of MK4s is that they are not updating all the modules at PDI and MK4s are tending to suffer with software glitches (typical Ford)

You may have some sort of current drain going on, though again it could be software related.

You can update the SYNC3 system yourself by following the instructions on the Ford website (search Ford Sync 3 update UK).

Get the dealer to update every module that requires it and your problems should disappear.

Are you driving in Sport mode? Stop/Start deactivates in sport mode

Only engaging Sport Mode occasionally for a bit of fun driving!!

I have had EVERYTHING off and still the stop/start does not function. And that was in an 80 mile drive around.

Thanks for the dealer update of the modules tip. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, ianincheshire said:

That's my experience too.

They seem reluctant to do that. I use a small Ford dealer where you can actually talk to the technician and I had a long chat with him about updates that were showing as available on ETIS for my car. According to him, Fords policy is not to update modules unless there the vehicle actually has a related fault. So the dealers are also reluctant to do uneccesary updates in case it causes other problems which they then have to fix at their cost. In my case I was able to review the available updates with the technician and agree which ones we thought would be worthwhile.

Having said that, on a car which is showing problems, you would have thought that doing all the updates is a good idea!

Will definitely be asking about all module updates. Really frustrating paying for the privilege of keyless and it not working!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding my stop start working less at the moment, I think because the Aircon is demanding a lot of power due to the heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of people with MK4s suffering with "bounce-back" or "anti-trap" features on the front windows too.

Luckily, I don't seem to have this issue yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well folks, had another session with trying to get the passenger window sorted. I have actually got it to close fully again without immediately bouncing open. Bit of a celebration called for!!

I wont go overboard on it quite though. If I try to close driver window and passenger window (front) at the same time, the driver window goes up and fully closes whilst the passenger window decides to fully open!! Pull up the switch again and it fully closes.

I think it needs a season the software PC!!!!!!!

Stop start still not operative and keyless entry is at best, intermittent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it is booked in for its first service on Thursday along with the list of issues!

That in  itself threw a curve ball into the equation. The service book shows a service interval of 12,500 miles but the guy on the phone doing the booking reckons the book is wrong and it should be 10,000 miles!!

How the hell do you fare on warranty if according to Ford you miss the service interval by 2,500 miles??

It is like a never ending saga!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pass app tells you the service interval . One of the few things it's any good for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a thread here about service intervals

The 1.5 diesel is 10k miles but the petrol's are variable servicing , up to 18k or 2 years OR when the service indicator says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do get the feeling that Ford are keeping service information pretty vague so that they can wriggle out of a claim!

My message to get the oil changed soon came up at just past 11,500 which sort of blows the 10,000 mile information out of the water. 

Oh well, c'est la vie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bounce back on windows can be caused by low battery voltage or disconnecting battery. You will find there are software updates for the pdm and ddm. ( Door modules) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.