Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FiST or FoST

sioneon

Looking for some quick recommendations and opinions on whether to go for a 15/65 Fiesta ST or a 62/13 Focus ST?

Coming from a 17 St-line 140ps and looking for something funner and sportierer as a daily driver and country road blaster.

Cheers

I'm biased towards the Focus ST and it is a good A & B road blaster but the Fiesta is smaller and nippier.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Do you have to walk past the front end of the car?  If so, it has to be the Fiesta...the prefacelift Focus ST front end is just so disgustingly ugly... :laugh:  

But looks aside, it depends if you want something small and nippy for throwing around a B road, accepting the limited space and reduced build quality and comfort, or more of a 'family' friendly car that's a bit heavier but more comfortable, spacious and of higher quality inside...

If the Mk3.5 ST is in budget then it'd be a no brainer for me, but I just can't stand the looks of the pre-facelift and imo the looks are half the reason for buying something like that.

• Like 1

I find the pfl looks better than the FL, maybe I'm weird.

Fiesta ST has always been the dream but practicality is important too. Then there's the issue of reliability; both have solid engines so is getting an older focus really an issue?

Looks are subjective I guess lol.

The 1.6 EcoBoost in the FiST is known for cooling issues and the occasional engine bay fire, not sure I'd class it as a solid engine but at least they should have all had the recall by now.

The engine is the least of the worries with the PFL Focus, water leaks, irreparable air con faults, electrical/audio faults, etc are all very common.  I haven't had an ST but have had 2 normal Mk3 PFLs (both under 50k!) and would never buy another personally.

My dad's got a pfl MK3, just got an issue with the air con condenser failing but other than that it's been the usual door seals falling off and every day wear and tear.

I think I'll have to try them both

4 hours ago, sioneon said:

My dad's got a pfl MK3, just got an issue with the air con condenser failing but other than that it's been the usual door seals falling off and every day wear and tear.

I think I'll have to try them both

I'll be Interested to hear how you go on. Been wrestling with the self-same issue for ages - do I stick with the ST-L which handles very well and still copes ok with the rubbish roads I drive on, but lacks a bit of oomph (which admittedly you get little opportunity to use these days), or go for an ST Fiesta/Focus or similar offering from other brands.

I'm looking Mk 8 Fiesta vs Mk 4 Focus, but the same basic issues apply. For my type of driving, I favour compactness, but found the seats/suspension on the Mk 7.5 Fiesta just too unforgiving for aforesaid roads. Not had much of a chance to try the Mk 8 ST yet, but suspect it may still be a bit much.

As a left field option, I want to see if the rumoured ST version of the Puma crossover/SUV/whatever it is actually appears as I have an odd idea it could actually work for me!😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club