Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing

HeadShoT2009

How often do u replace oil filter, fuel filter,air filter, pollen filter,spark plugs,oil,etc and is there any thing that Ive missed! I'm trying to get bold of a service schedule sheet from a mate thanks in advance

Depending on engine......if u doing yourself it's cheap enough to do the full kit for the first time for piece of mind

How often do u replace oil filter, fuel filter,air filter, pollen filter,spark plugs,oil,etc and is there any thing that Ive missed! I'm trying to get bold of a service schedule sheet from a mate thanks in advance

personally with my 1.6 petrol, i do the oil and filter every 6k miles which is about 3 services a year for me.

i done the fuel filter 30k miles ago but if i have the car long enough i would probably do it at 60k.

air filter i would do every year but as i have a k&n panel filter i just wash it out every so often and re oil it.

the pollen filter i do every year as well as spark plugs.

oil and filter, pollen filter every 12500 miles

spark plugs, air, fuel filters every 37500 miles plus whats done 12500 miles

what ive just given you is what is recommended by ford but you could do what stef123 says up to you

obvisously theres no harm in changing things early just costs more up to you

what ive just given you is what is recommended by ford but you could do what stef123 says up to you

obvisously theres no harm in changing things early just costs more up to you

have to be honest every 6k is a bit too early we used to do it with the vags and it doesnt save the engine in anyway basically when the oil has turned from golden to a dirty colour its time for a change but theres no harm as said doing it more often its up to you

have to be honest every 6k is a bit too early we used to do it with the vags and it doesnt save the engine in anyway basically when the oil has turned from golden to a dirty colour its time for a change but theres no harm as said doing it more often its up to you

if i was paying a garage, i would probably have it done every 10k but as i get my oil for a very good price and get my filters on trade i like to do it quite often for peace of mind. cant go wrong with clean oil!

Im currently using Q8 5w/30 fully synthetic, works out at about £2.30 a litre! plus about £2 for a filter.

headshot are you considering servicing your car yourself or having it done at a garage?

if i was paying a garage, i would probably have it done every 10k but as i get my oil for a very good price and get my filters on trade i like to do it quite often for peace of mind. cant go wrong with clean oil!

Im currently using Q8 5w/30 fully synthetic, works out at about £2.30 a litre! plus about £2 for a filter.

headshot are you considering servicing your car yourself or having it done at a garage?

well if youre gettng it that cheapwhy not...whats the q8 like?

well if youre gettng it that cheapwhy not...whats the q8 like?

yeah i think the q8 stuff is brilliant and definetly quite cheap! noticed that one of my local garages has a few big drums of it so it cant be that bad. when my dad was still into engineering it was q8 he would use all the time too.

i buy it in 25 litre containers so one of them last me a good while.

yeah i think the q8 stuff is brilliant and definetly quite cheap! noticed that one of my local garages has a few big drums of it so it cant be that bad. when my dad was still into engineering it was q8 he would use all the time too.

i buy it in 25 litre containers so one of them last me a good while.

might consider giving it a go all iknow is when mine was serviced it was direct from ford the oil so not sure what ford use as standard but i remember q8 when i had my motorbike and most shops used it back then a good 6 years ago so must be good that they still use it now

might consider giving it a go all iknow is when mine was serviced it was direct from ford the oil so not sure what ford use as standard but i remember q8 when i had my motorbike and most shops used it back then a good 6 years ago so must be good that they still use it now

if your interested in buying it, i buy it from clarik engineering supplies in dalgety bay, good little place.

Thinking about doing it myself why's you want to no that's mate

no reason, just curious.

if your interested in buying it, i buy it from clarik engineering supplies in dalgety bay, good little place.

no reason, just curious.

i reckon ill get some when its next due to be honest and give it a go

The trouble with doing the service yourself is you dont get the service book stamped. You need to get rid of the oil in the proper manner. Its incredibly messy.Quite easy to mis-thread a spark plug.

I took mine to the garage for a service today. I thought i would check the oil level before i set off back home and it was black and 2 cm above the max mark on the dipstick.There was also a big boot print on the drivers door.

Looks like I'll be doing my own next time. :lol::huh:

The trouble with doing the service yourself is you dont get the service book stamped. You need to get rid of the oil in the proper manner. Its incredibly messy.Quite easy to mis-thread a spark plug.

I took mine to the garage for a service today. I thought i would check the oil level before i set off back home and it was black and 2 cm above the max mark on the dipstick.There was also a big boot print on the drivers door.

Looks like I'll be doing my own next time. laugh.gifhuh.gif

to be honest i dont bother with the service book i just keep a history on the pc for reference and if i did want to sell then i have all the reciepts and the history available if you put the plug in by hand its easy enough never done one yet thats threaded as for oil sell it to the local chippy might make my chippys chips taste better anyway

I asked the guy why the oil was still black and he told me that diesels stay black even after an oil change. Is this true?

I asked the guy why the oil was still black and he told me that diesels stay black even after an oil change. Is this true?

if you mean it was black straight after the oil change and you hadnt driven the car then no if you drove the car then yes though on my old diesel it took a day or two before it went black easiest way to tell if it was done is look at the filter and see if its nice and new and shiny

Just checked this out on many a car forum. Yes the oil in diesel cars goes black straight away.Even in modern engines.Check it out for yourself. I googled it and all the answers were the same.Phew! That puts my mind at rest. :lol:

Just checked this out on many a car forum. Yes the oil in diesel cars goes black straight away.Even in modern engines.Check it out for yourself. I googled it and all the answers were the same.Phew! That puts my mind at rest. laugh.gif

see mine was flushed so took a few days