Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Battery drain

Boonp

Hi 

I have just got a focus Vignale and twice the alarm had gone of in the night with no indicators flashing because car battery had gone flat. AA man came out first time tested battery and charge said all was fine and that I must have left something on. 

Second time better AA man started car and got battery changed. Closed car and set alarm and monitored the battery draw. 

High drain for a start which slowly started to drop but after a while started to drain again any where between 7 to 4 amps. 

Eventually found the fordpass app on my phone was stopping the cars systems from closing down. Removed car from app and after about 30 mins car battery drain dropped to 300 milliamperes. 

Going to flag to Ford dealer next week. 

Tip   

If you use the Ford Pass app. Make sure you force stop in settings on phone afterwards otherwise it will keep checking car.

It's more rubbish software from Ford.

• Like 1

Hi thanks using app on iPhone. If car behaves with vehicle removed from app will do some experiments with app soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Car battery and car perfect since I stopped using FordPass app on phone.

deleted app from iPhone so must be something to do with that. 

Thanks guys - I'm also new to Sync3 and have played with Ford Pass but couldn't really see the point for me - your experience has tipped me in favour of not bothering with it :thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

If you don’t have the ford pass active on your phone you don’t get traffic updates on Satnav.  Very annoying!

I use ford pass and never have a problem.

You dont actually need to use the app ie. keep it open.Just create an account in it for your car and make sure traffic updates are active in the app and of course in the Sync3 and it should work ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Alway closed app on iPhone but that made no difference. Not had app on phone since 8Aug and no flat batteries. 

Going to reinstall app today and see what happens. 

Contacted app support to see if app is closed on phone should  car  shut down all systems.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club