StephenFord

Definitely not Ford related - query on new cooker hob!

Recommended Posts

I have had my oven hob for over 25 years, never missed a beat. My mums 'new' one (3 years old) now needs replaced and I want to get her one like mine (photo attached) . I want a NON ceramic electric hob, 4 x rings, with an individual LEDs representing each hob. Have searched for ages now and can't find one. They all seem to think that one LED is sufficient. Maybe a genuine, 'they don't make'em like they use to!' Any you guys aware of what I'm looking for?

1126047625_ovenhobLEDsLoRes.thumb.jpg.22d661c34f6f37c5ccbd62a9c9581b80.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't at all helpful but I've seen a lot of electric hobs (no gas in the area) and never seen one with 4 lights like yours!  😮

What brand is yours?  I doubt they make the same model but might still use the same 4 light config...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I know this isn't at all helpful but I've seen a lot of electric hobs (no gas in the area) and never seen one with 4 lights like yours!  😮

What brand is yours?  I doubt they make the same model but might still use the same 4 light config...

It's a Homark, I have already searched and can't see one like it. Just thought it would be sensible to have a light for each hob, kinda like having just one central indicator on your car and letting folk have a guess which way you're turning LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

It's a Homark, I have already searched and can't see one like it. Just thought it would be sensible to have a light for each hob, kinda like having just one central indicator on your car and letting folk have a guess which way you're turning LOL

Admittedly having had gas stoves most of my life I've never had an electric one with individual "hot" lights, although I can see the benefits in terms of knowing which hobs you can safely put pots on that you don't want heated etc...

I highly doubt you will find one these days though, as even the "top brands" are cost-cutting like crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I highly doubt you will find one these days though, as even the "top brands" are cost-cutting like crazy.

That's the thing, you can get a perfectly serviceable hob for around £100, but even if you go up to £300+, I still can't see one that will show you what hobs are live and which aren't! I feel we had our 'Concorde' moment, and it's all downhill now LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a CDA (I think that’s what it was) in our uni house last year with a light for each ring, but it was a ceramic job so no use to you sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

We had a CDA (I think that’s what it was) in our uni house last year with a light for each ring, but it was a ceramic job so no use to you sadly.

I hope CDA/Matrix are better at making hobs than ovens...  They're not even lasting 18 months without either the fan or element failing...but the landlord won't allow another make to be fitted when I asked and also wouldn't replace the second one, instead choosing aftermarket parts (after 2 weeks of waiting!) which were even worse than the originals and made it totally unuseable, I've had to bodge it myself to make it useable but constantly worried about it failing again. :sad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I hope CDA/Matrix are better at making hobs than ovens...  They're not even lasting 18 months without either the fan or element failing...but the landlord won't allow another make to be fitted when I asked and also wouldn't replace the second one, instead choosing aftermarket parts (after 2 weeks of waiting!) which were even worse than the originals and made it totally unuseable, I've had to bodge it myself to make it useable but constantly worried about it failing again. :sad: 

Not good, landlords are a complete law unto themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'd better explain, I posted what I thought was something suitable but I was totally wrong!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Think I'd better explain, I posted what I thought was something suitable but I was totally wrong!!! 

Yeah, I know LOL The link you posted was in the email alert we got! Oh well, your heart was in the right place, even if you did select a hob with the now  fashionable, though useless single LED to cover 4 x hobs! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I had found what I wanted! On a current web site there is pictured exactly the hob I was looking for. However, on drilling down, it's not even listed and no model number. On calling the company, they have no idea what the hell it is LOL

http://www.baumatic.co.uk/electric-hobs/

 

296563086_hobwanted.thumb.jpg.053681f2ff2c9838b13d58aaa45f5a9e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Thought I had found what I wanted! On a current web site there is pictured exactly the hob I was looking for. However, on drilling down, it's not even listed and no model number. On calling the company, they have no idea what the hell it is LOL

http://www.baumatic.co.uk/electric-hobs/

 

296563086_hobwanted.thumb.jpg.053681f2ff2c9838b13d58aaa45f5a9e.jpg

That is your one isn't it lol, just in stainless finish rather than black!? :laugh:  

I had a really rare set of BMW style projector headlights on my 306 back in the day...when I was searching for another set (to price them for sale) I only found one other set for sale in the world, they were brand new and in Romania...but the seller was using pictures of them on my car that I'd posted on a forum!  No idea if he even had any or if it was a scam but I was surprised to see my own pictures on a Romanian website. :laugh: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has no leds! The only way I know it's on is that the cooker switch neon is on, and that it's hot!

One at work has 4 leds but it's a glass topped one designed to fit flush to the worktop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.