Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking sound

zain611

Hey guys I've noticed recently to hear a squeaking noise from the car. Think it's more apparent when on bumpy roads. I think I noticed it sometimes at idle also. I'm going out soon today so will have a proper listen to it for more info. 

Can't hear it now. Probably was a wet squeaking belt or stuff in the glove box moving about 🤷‍♂️

Not the same engine, but one of the rear bolts of the air intake had snapped on mine a while back, sometimes I’d hear a random metallic squeak as the two halves of the bolt moved over one another on bumpy roads or at startup due to vibrations. Might be worth a check.

• Like 1

I noticed the noise again today. I don't think as much as before. Happens I believe from the suspension. When I rev the engine I can't hear it. 

Could be the front anti roll bar D bushes.   Mine do it especially when it's raining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

Could be the front anti roll bar D bushes.   Mine do it especially when it's raining.

Yeah my dad did mention about the bushes. Might be it. Hope it's not because of me doing the odd wheel spin 😅

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah my dad did mention about the bushes. Might be it. Hope it's not because of me doing the odd wheel spin 😅

I sprayed mine with silicone spray which sorted various noises coming from them. Only had to reapply once in the last 3 years. Can be done without lifting the car. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbell said:

I sprayed mine with silicone spray which sorted various noises coming from them. Only had to reapply once in the last 3 years. Can be done without lifting the car. 

That's what Fords did to mine at my last service.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club