Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Tilt Handle

dezwez

Hi will a broken seat tilt handle fail the mot  thanks in adv

No, as long seat is secured so that  it is not loose to go forward. The catch has to catch. It does not have to be releasable. 

If the plastic handle has broken off I replaced both on a friends car with boot laces tied to the ends of the cables. You can also use cable ties but they cut into your hand more. As the handles can broken twice she did not want to waste more money

7 hours ago, isetta said:

If the plastic handle has broken off I replaced both on a friends car with boot laces tied to the ends of the cables. You can also use cable ties but they cut into your hand more. As the handles can broken twice she did not want to waste more money

thanks 

10 hours ago, dezwez said:

Hi will a broken seat tilt handle fail the mot  thanks in adv

There's two different questions there...

If you mean 'is it an MOT fail?' then the answer is no.  However 'will it fail an MOT?'...probably yes, an awful lot of Mk6s get failed for broken tilt handles despite it not actually being a fail.  I tried to argue mine and just couldn't make the tech understand...of course he knew best as he'd been (incorrectly!) testing cars for 30 years... :rolleyes: 

To save the hassle of a fail and cost of a retest, it's probably easier to just fix (or bodge) the tilt handle so it works unless you know the tester.

My car failed mot because both seats had broken handles I believe. This was before my ownership 

Screenshot_20190716-105026.png

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

My car failed mot because both seats had broken handles I believe. This was before my ownership 

Screenshot_20190716-105026.png

just got a pass so now on to fix the seat tilt thanks

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club