Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Young driver insurance with modifications

Ellis700

Hi guys, 

wondering if anyone has an experience with young drivers modification insurance. I am 18 paying £2000 no mods and no black box I would like to put a Milltek non res on and an air tech induction kit but the prices I am I getting are like £6000 it’s crazy. 1 year no claims and held my licence for a year and 4 months. 

You will struggle to find cheaper quotes due to your age. You're classed as a very high risk for insurers being so young and an inexperienced driver (less than 3-5 years driving experience) and adding mods to increase power etc makes it even higher risk. I know a lot of insurance companies won't touch young drivers with modified cars and those that will allow it will charge extremely high prices and probably put a lot of restrictions on in case a claim arises. 

You could try Adrian Flux but I wouldn't hold your breath. 

• Like 1

As Nick says, unfortunately. I recall Mountune used to recommend this firm for cars with their modifications - might be worth a try?

https://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk

Edit: Sorry - just remembered I think they only do 21+ 

Hi.

Do please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

Adrian flux, Green light and sky insurance you can try out. Thing is though at your age and driving experience it would make your insurance high at the moment.