Do Not Sell My Personal Information

XXX PLEASE HELP ADVICE NEEDED ON CMAX

Focus57

Hi all am in desperate need of some help and advice please, I got a 09 Cmax 1.8tdci had it about 3 months now, after about a month of owning the car it started running abit lumpy and one day went into limp mode,called the AA out and they ran diagnostic on it and it said egr valve fault and injector 2 fault,, so got a 2nd hand egr and put it on car and car was running fine, garage said injector 2 seemed ok so they didn't replace it at time,, then about a month later car started running a bit stuttery and again one day went into limp mode, AA came out and said injector 2 is showing up as fault,so went garage and they said same try replacing it so I did but once agin I put a 2nd hand injector in their to save money.

Picked the car up from garage and drove home all seemed good!!!!!Then bingo got up in the morning and started car and it was rough as anything, no power and lots of black smoke coming out the rear, yes I was shocked and gutted at the same time for sure,ive had turbos go on car and that's what symptoms were like,, got the car towed to garage by AA, now here is the really strange bit garage has had the car for 3 days and are really struggling to put their finger on whats wrong with it,,,,,,used this mechanic for about 11 years and we have certainly had our ups and downs mainly his poor organization and taking to long,,,,,,but never once in 11 years has he not been able to fix whatever problem ive had or taken 3 days to diagnose, so any advice of you amazing knowledgeable people would be greatly appreciated, ive had a few of these 1.8tdcis and they have all been spot on to be fair, this one appears to be possibly a Lemon. But I live in hope,

Thanks for reading and all advice greatly appreaciated

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update all the on 08 and 09 1.8tdcis Ford fecided to change the collaboration set up of the injectors,,also the actuator was jammed ...cheers 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Focus57 said:

Just to update all the on 08 and 09 1.8tdcis Ford fecided to change the collaboration set up of the injectors,,also the actuator was jammed ...cheers 

Good to know your sorted.

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, Focus57 said:

Out of interest, what changed with the calibration, and which actuator did you mean? EGR?

Interested as I too have a 1.8 tdci 2009

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club