Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hesitation on mk6

Tekman

Hi Anyone who can help

My grandaughters mk6 fiesta has a problem when driving at night the cluster lights flicker on and off 3 times then engine loses power then is ok for short while but if she stops and switch`s off and restarts everything ok for a while. now it doesnt do it during day when lights off , ( I did say drive round with lights off and get a couple of torches lol she said NO haha )

It doesnt do it all time 

Anyone who had same problem or any ideas would appreciate it 

Cheers

Alan

On 7/16/2019 at 3:10 PM, Tekman said:

Hi Anyone who can help

My grandaughters mk6 fiesta has a problem when driving at night the cluster lights flicker on and off 3 times then engine loses power then is ok for short while but if she stops and switch`s off and restarts everything ok for a while. now it doesnt do it during day when lights off , ( I did say drive round with lights off and get a couple of torches lol she said NO haha )

It doesnt do it all time 

Anyone who had same problem or any ideas would appreciate it 

Cheers

Alan

Hmm, that's definitely an interesting one...  I assume the battery light doesn't come on?  It does sound like a battery/charge issue though.  As an easy test, I'd try loading it up as much as possible (lights, heated screens, AC for rad fan, blower motor on full etc) and see if the system can cope with it. 

Hi Tom

Yep did load test runs fine, I stood with engine running flicked light switch on and off thinking faulty switch it did flicker so hit top of dash lol no flicker I could regreat it but it did it a cople of times. 

I did think of a loose earth wire in engine bay and clocks flicker pull them out and have a look  but not had time and she dont stop still two mins to get car off her lol.

will post update if I find owt

cheers mate

• Like 1

What about the alternator? 

Hi Zain

Yes mate alternator fine, She going on hiliday for a week so I am having car here so be able to get a better look at it will remove all earth`s and clean and replace,I will pull clock`s and have a look.

I am just wondering if owt specific I can check first save me chasing a fault.

cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club