Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC

Kdev

Hi can anyone tell me what sync i have from the software version (R5.6.6.1_R19113a) ive tried google etc and found nothing and my ford dealer is about useful as a choclate teapot. Any help would be appreciated

21 minutes ago, Kdev said:

Hi can anyone tell me what sync i have from the software version (R5.6.6.1_R19113a) ive tried google etc and found nothing and my ford dealer is about useful as a choclate teapot. Any help would be appreciated

If you have a 2019 Fiesta as per your profile, that's doesn't look like the version number.

Post a pic of the software/system info screen.

Ok that is odd, yours must be a very new build? Perhaps beyond 3.4, MY19....?

I haven't seen that type of version before, usually the 2019 cars are version 3.4 something.

Do you know when your car was built?

8 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ok that is odd, yours must be a very new build? Perhaps beyond 3.4, MY19....?

I haven't seen that type of version before, usually the 2019 cars are version 3.4 something.

Do you know when your car was built?

Im not sure. Is there a way of me finding out. I appreciate your help btw

Just now, Kdev said:

Im not sure. Is there a way of me finding out. I appreciate your help btw

Im not even sure what sync it is it doesnt say its sync 3 anywhere

Or you might find a clue under the bonnet:  mine (registered March 2018)  had a sticker on the engine saying "Cologne engine plant Feb 2018" .

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Of you might find a clue under the bonnet:  mine (registered March 2018)  had a sticker on the engine saying "Cologne engine plant Feb 2018" .

So the sticker says "Cologne engine plant 02 May 2019"

Ford must have changed hardware again then. Only thing you can do is keep an eye on:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update

That will give you official updates, I also keep an eye on a russian forum for early updates, but it's different for each h/w version.

I would say your software "version" though, is the 19113 part, going by how Ford usually number their updates.

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ford must have changed hardware again then. Only thing you can do is keep an eye on:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update

That will give you official updates, I also keep an eye on a russian forum for early updates, but it's different for each h/w version.

I would say your software "version" though, is the 19113 part, going by how Ford usually number their updates.

You have been very helpfull. Thanks very much. And thanks for the heads up on ford etis i tought it was for dealers only

The fordetis website when i register as an independent operater it is asking for company names etc is there a way to skip this

Just make something up or put your name again, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Just make something up or put your name again, etc.

Last question and ill stop annoying you. Do you clicksingle site garage

Sounds fine, it's been a while since I signed up and they keep changing things.

The main thing is just to be like a solo mechanic. Because in some ways we all are a little, even with a bit of tinkering or looking after our cars. 😉

• Like 1

My Sync 3 about screen looks different to the one posted above. My engine date is 03JUN19 and my Sync software version is 3.3 build 19052. The ford website says I have the latest versions. 

35 minutes ago, ElliotReid said:

My Sync 3 about screen looks different to the one posted above. 

Could there be a difference in cars for the UK and ROI markets, I wonder? 

41 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Could there be a difference in cars for the UK and ROI markets, I wonder? 

Does is say sync 3 on your about screen. Any chance you could post pic

There you go. It's the night view 'cos it's getting dark now, but same info.

Im baffled my manual has 2 chapters about Sync. Sync 2.5 witch i cant find anything online about, And Sync 3. So maybe its Sync 2.5

Here's my About Sync screen......

20190717_182841.jpg

Very strange. Its not sync 2 i know that looks completely different to sync 3 so maybe its sync 2.5. But ford helpline chat said the because i can connect via android auto that sync 3 is only compatible with Android auto

4 hours ago, Kdev said:

20190717_164833.jpg

Your screen as others are saying doesn't seem to look right at all. Have you put your VIN into to Ford update site yet as was suggested earlier to see what it says ?

1 minute ago, Comares2001 said:

Your screen as others are saying doesn't seem to look right at all. Have you put your VIN into to Ford update site yet as was suggested earlier to see what it says ?

Yea it says its up to date. It just does not look right at all does it. Its very strange

So this is what ford said today. " I cant find any information that says the vehicle has sync on my own system which is unusual, given the fact the you can access android auto I would be incline to think that the vehicle is fitted with SYNC 3 as this feature is not available on SYNC 2.5 " on one off the emails even ford said that its odd. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club