Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC

Kdev

I'm sure your screen should look like the others you've seen here as does mine.

As Ford website will be checking against build information it currently holds I would be inclined to force it  to recheck by doing following. If you go back to update website and scroll down to Troubleshooting page it shows you how to download a log file which you can then update from your car and upload to Ford website. Then see what it says when you recheck. If you do this it can take some time before this upload registers fully with Ford.

48 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

I'm sure your screen should look like the others you've seen here as does mine.

As Ford website will be checking against build information it currently holds I would be inclined to force it  to recheck by doing following. If you go back to update website and scroll down to Troubleshooting page it shows you how to download a log file which you can then update from your car and upload to Ford website. Then see what it says when you recheck. If you do this it can take some time before this upload registers fully with Ford.

So do you reckon ford updates it at there factory or the dealer should of updated it. It would not surprise me if the dealer did not update it if they should of

Well unless you have done an update the Ford database will be assuming it's got what should have been loaded in the Factory . Doubtful whether or not the dealer would have done anything. . Why would they ?.

My suggestion may not solve anything  but it will upload a log of the system status to the Ford database for it to confirm what you have is correct. So you can take it from there. It wont make any changes to the Sync so it  can't do any harm to try.I'm sure you have Sync3 as you have a floating display .  On my car and others I have seen as others on here have said it shows Sync3 plus version and build number. Out of interest when you scroll down what map version does it say vehicle has ?

2 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Well unless you have done an update the Ford database will be assuming it's got what should have been loaded in the Factory . Doubtful whether or not the dealer would have done anything. . Why would they ?.

My suggestion may not solve anything  but it will upload a log of the system status to the Ford database for it to confirm what you have is correct. So you can take it from there. It wont make any changes to the Sync so it  can't do any harm to try.I'm sure you have Sync3 as you have a floating display .  On my car and others I have seen as others on here have said it shows Sync3 plus version and build number. Out of interest when you scroll down what map version does it say vehicle has ?

Its does not have navigation. I do know that there was a choice of SYNC 3 and sync 3 with navigation 

Ah ( I did wonder about that) so maybe that's why your screen shows different info from all of ours with nav maybe some else out there without nav will confirm.

Nav shouldn't make a difference, it's the same base software, just with a licence and larger capacity NAND storage to accomodate the map files

Yea appartently there suppose to look exactly the same it just doesnt have the navigation arrow at the bottom of the screen.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Nav shouldn't make a difference, it's the same base software, just with a licence and larger capacity NAND storage to accomodate the map files

That's what I would have thought so back to my suggestion. I would try and upload a log file to Ford and see if it prompts an update.

Everytime i try to log the file after following instructions unzip file etc the radio keeps saying there's no media on usb

I would love to know if anyone else has the same screen as me

I just want to male sure i have all my facts right before i begrudgingly go back to the dealer screaming and shouting

Ive figured it out finally if anyones interested...

Difference due to the change of the model year to 2019. Optional options were removed: 
Cool & Sound 4 (AGSAK) package: 
- automatic climate control with electronic temperature control (EATC), 
- radio with Ford SYNC 3 (color touch screen 8 ", AppLink , Bluetooth® handsfree and extensive voice control in Polish and the function of calling for help, 7 loudspeakers, 2xUSB sockets, remote steering control (ICFAF)) 

After converting the order for the model year 2019, the system added automatic climate control with electronic regulation to the order. temperature, and the above-mentioned audio system has been replaced: 
Radio with Ford SYNC 2.5 - color touch screen 8 ", Applink, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Bluetooth® handsfree and emergency call function, 6 Speakers, 2xUSB sockets, remote steering wheel control, 
according to the importer, the screen is the same as 8" in SYNC3: touch, same resolution and speed. The same power of the audio system and control. There are no differences from the point of view of the customer. The only difference is the inability to control via voice commands, but the commands available on the smartphone (so-called voice passthrough) continue to operate, e.g. dialing contacts from the smartphone's phone book. The condition is to pair your smartphone with an on-board audio system

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new fiesta (in Croatia).

I found the model I like (with 1.0 Ecoboost) but it is different from the other models in regard to the 'ICE PACK'.

It has ICE PACK 54 instead of the regular 2a with SYNC 2.5 and not 3.0. It has a bigger screen (8'' instead of 6.5'') though. I can't seem to find any information on this computer system but thankfully I found this thread.

I'm wondering what are the main differences between the two, will I be able to connect my phone to the computer with Android auto? Is this a deal breaker with big differences or is it basically the same thing?

Thank you

Edited by mzeleni8
new questions

• 7 months later...

Hi need some help please my sync version is 4.32 , 14073 what version is it? I don’t have navigation , can I add navigation with this version , kuga 2016 I think is sync 2 if I’m not mistaken 

thank

Hi need some help please my sync version is 4.32 , 14073 what version is it? I don’t have navigation , can I add navigation with this version , kuga 2016 I think is sync 2 if I’m not mistaken 
thank
@Bannko

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 7/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, Kdev said:

Very strange. Its not sync 2 i know that looks completely different to sync 3 so maybe its sync 2.5. But ford helpline chat said the because i can connect via android auto that sync 3 is only compatible with Android auto

He's wrong, Sync 2.5 has Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Do you have navigation? Navigation is a Sync3 only feature. There is also a non-nav Sync 3, and non-nav Sync2.5. The best way to check if to buy Ford Forscan, connect it to the car and see if it has an APIM. The other method is to take the dashboard off and see if the APIM is there, it should be right behind the instrument cluster. If it's there, you have Sync3, if not you have sync2.5.

On 6/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, Sam7317 said:

thank

Sorry, just realized that this was the most recent message. If you can confirm you have sync2, this is how you can get nav apparently, I don't know if it works but feel free to read the thread to see what people are saying https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/general/guide-enable-navigation-cars-sync-2-0-t3484473

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Sorry for using this old post, but that’s the only place on the web pretty related to my problem.

I am from Italy, and I’ve a Ford Fiesta 2019 with this SYNC 2.5. During the past months, the system asked me for some updates and I accepted, and everything was ok.

some days ago, suddenly when I rebooted my car, the SYNC changed to English, so I tried to go set again Italian as my language. However, I figured out that all the European languages disappeared from the list of possible choices, and only remained English US, Spanish and French.

I don’t know what happened, I never tried to “force” the system with manual updates or something like that. It seems like a wrong language pack. Also tried a master reset but nothing changed.

Currently the version is R.5.6.6.1_R19113a, but I can’t remember if it’s the same version of some days ago before the problem. Do you have any suggestion? I would like to understand what happened, and if can solve the problem by myself or I need official assistance

thank you in advance