Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O/t Our Waitrose Annual Bonus Was Announced Today ...

Nug878

15% of my previous year's pay (inc. overtime)!

Can't wait til payday now, which is 2 weeks today.

LET THE CAR HUNT BEGIN!

Which leads to a more interesting part of the story, our branch manager has volunteered our store to be featured in the company's staff magazine. On a special article about what the staff did with our bonus. I've spoke to him saying I'll be buying a car with my bonus and he said well if you do buy one then I'll definitely try and get you and your car pictured in the mag. How cool is that?! B)

Nice one matey!! Ours was 3%, hardly worth it.

I want to be able to have the money to look for a new car one day!!

Nice one matey!! Ours was 3%, hardly worth it.

I want to be able to have the money to look for a new car one day!!

Dad works in an Asda distribution centre. He only got 1.5%. <_<

Oh trust me, if it weren't for this bonus I wouldn't be getting another car for a looooooong time. Not until I got into full time work anyway. :lol:

Haha :) well my friend works at waitrose so ill get her to sneak me out a magazine when you know when its out, unless you scan it of course!

are you all not getting confused between bonus and pay rise ie:1.5% to 3% seems a pay rise figure.and the 15% is a bonus related to how well the store and its staff performed last year...

are you all not getting confused between bonus and pay rise ie:1.5% to 3% seems a pay rise figure.and the 15% is a bonus related to how well the store and its staff performed last year...

No Simon, sainsburys do it as three aims for each store. Each aim succeeded = 1%

Last year we got all three targets so we got a 3% bonus. £49 for me, hardly a bonus

No Simon, sainsburys do it as three aims for each store. Each aim succeeded = 1%

Last year we got all three targets so we got a 3% bonus. £49 for me, hardly a bonus

thats an insult

Nope, the 1.5% was definitely a bonus. And yep, your right. So all John Lewis Partners (who equally share the business) have their bonus every March reflecting how well the business did over the previous year. It's a huge event for the company, when it's announced theres a small party throughout the day in the staff room with champaigne for the staff and a large buffet. Unfortunately I'm a home delivery driver so no champaigne when I go into work today. :lol:

thats an insult

Its poor. For those who are. Full time, it covers their tax. Those on benefits are effected by itas it goes through as added income, not a bonus. Some people have to decline it due to this.

My friend who works in waitrose was spouting off the benefits she's just been given in a booklet. We get a 10% discount card. That is IT. To get reductions you have to PAY to join a club. Its pathetic.

My friend who works in waitrose was spouting off the benefits she's just been given in a booklet. We get a 10% discount card. That is IT. To get reductions you have to PAY to join a club. Its pathetic.

Our discount card covers 15% dicount in Waitrose, and 25% in John Lewis. And then we get loads of special discounts. We get discount on Vauxhall and Chevrolet cars with certain dealers. We can get money off at the cinema, holidays, we got a whole book full of the benefits we get.

You must live in a different world, I thought I work for my-self however it would transpire I work for the Tax man and his best mate the VAT man

15% of my previous year's pay (inc. overtime)!

That's fantastic news mate, seems like a huge bonus, business must be good at the moment!

Look forward to seeing your new car. :)

Be thankful for ANY bonus! I am on a pay freeze and no chance of a bonus for years to come :unsure:

Be thankful for ANY bonus! I am on a pay freeze and no chance of a bonus for years to come :unsure:

I am thankful of it, I made it sound like it was nothing, of course its something. What annoys me about sainsburys and their bonuses is that the store managers get very big bonuses, yet they seriously are not worth their weight

Ahhh the bonus is the only thing I miss about working for Waitrose! :(

Waitrose are well known to be an incredibly good company to work for - this just shows it!

That's what they like you to think ;)

People think Sainsbury's are good to work for also, PAH!!!!

Bonus? Bonus? What is this concept? :lol:

Bonus? Bonus? What is this concept? :lol:

Ditto!

I am going to ask a really stupid question here. What kind of company is Waitrose? :wacko:

It's an upper class supermarket to the best of my knowledge. Delicious food, high prices. Ocado is their delivery service if you ever see the vans around.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club