Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Ranger

oliver.pas

Hi all, has anyone been to take a closer look at the new Ford Ranger? I was in my local Ford dealer this week and the Wildtrak model was there. The interior is stunning, really impressed with what they have developed. Has anybody test driven it yet? 

20190717_155133.jpg

I agree the new interior is spot , however I have driven one and there’s no way the new 2 litre has the same grunt as the 3.2 it may do on paper but not on the road. Also no need for a 10 speed auto box by the time you’ve done 10 metres you’re in 8th with no pull off power and the buttons on the side of the gearstick make it huge 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've driven the new one. 10 speed 2ltr Twin Turbo. It Flies, so smooth and drives like a dream compared to the old model. 

No lag from the Auto Box what so ever.

Honestly Awesome

Interesting @Ranger88 - I have the 3.2l and I just can't fathom how they can get the 2litre engine to produce 213hp. I suppose twin turbo will help, but then I'm also not sure how much having two turbos is as efficient as having one good turbo. Its not like its a 90s Supra. I've not driven it though, and actually I've just picked up my new Focus, and its got the 1.5TDCi which is doing 120bhp. Compared with my 2014 Focus which had the 1.6 making 115bhp, it feels night and day. Its actually rapid. So they're obviously able to some kind of trickery. 

Are you going to get one? A client of mine is looking at the Raptor to replace his 2015 3.2 limited and I'm helping him with the loan. 

16 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

@thefinanceguy, Yeah i'm looking at Finance options for the new Wildtrack. I was looking at the Raptor but i feel it's pointless, why not put a V6 rather than a 2ltr in it ? Putting a Raptor sticker on it doesn't make it a Raptor at the end of the day. The Difference between the 3.2 and the 2ltr is night and day honestly, I would recommend anyone to have a test drive. The new Focus Auto with the 8 speed box is very nippy for what it is, the box is extremely smooth.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:48 AM, Ranger88 said:

I've got a Raptor Grill on my 2015 Wildtrak. That's the only thing worth having out of the Raptor package as far as I'm concerned! Everyone seems to have it now though. 

What finance options are you looking at? Just dealer rates? I see you're in Scotland - if you want help or to run a few numbers give me a shout.

3 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I've got a Raptor Grill on my 2015 Wildtrak. That's the only thing worth having out of the Raptor package as far as I'm concerned! Everyone seems to have it now though. 

What finance options are you looking at? Just dealer rates? I see you're in Scotland - if you want help or to run a few numbers give me a shout.

Yeah, Not much else worth having.

I'm looking at Dealer Rates but i'm still picking up the pieces from bad decisions a few years ago so i expect a tough time when looking.

1 hour ago, Ranger88 said:

Yeah, Not much else worth having.

I'm looking at Dealer Rates but i'm still picking up the pieces from bad decisions a few years ago so i expect a tough time when looking.

By all means look at dealer rates, but just don't use them!

Particularly for what they would call "subprime", they will overcharge you. Also a lot of the bigger dealers that run their own schemes will just flat decline.