Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigar Lighter Socket

Busher

How can I stop the Cigar lighter socket staying on when car switched off and Locked and wiring details please to modify

• Like 1

take the fuse out it stay on all the time

• Like 1

They normally do stay on..they are also used to charge things and power aux items when the car is off.

Try fitting a switch inline with the negative side and that would cut the power...though if your not in the car..what does it matter if it's powered up or not.

• Like 1

Does your model have the second socket behind the handbrake ?  We have a leter model with two sockets, and the cigar lighter goes off after an hour I think.

If you wish it to go off with the ignition, you need to rewire it from the ignition relay rather than direct from the battery.  Piggy back fuse, or find an empty fuse way with a switch supply, the trailer control unit fuseways are probably empty, one will be permanet, and one switched.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply which I will try as it will stop me having concerns leaving Dash cam and Garmin on all the time, Regards Busher

e

If both the dash cam and Satnav are usb powered then you may like to fit a new 12v USB power supply socket hidden inside the glovebox wire the Positive to a piggyback fuse adapter add a 10amp fuse and plug in to an ignition live supply, 

This is how I wired my dash cam system in my focus; also powers the Satnav when required 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club