Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autoglym binge

TimST2

Got 15% off this lot in Halfords today with my FOC card [emoji106]

4c3dee8cc2d6ed120be4c53c693ddced.jpg&key=5a8760a97a80357a01e846793de193f89fde763add6a60d54b55aa0804c46728

Also going to try the Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam for the first time as it's half the price of the Auto Finesse Avalanche I have been using...

73effe8b782e606138ac1453ece76886.jpg&key=0bab92ef2c608fff6dec2ba7f9463ecf55871639de48199093136f3ce05c4281

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm about to get some Polar Blast too as I was given a £10 Halfords voucher. should be good.

Tbh I think snow foam is a complete waste of time and money. It never seems to clean the car anymore than what a normal jetwash would do. Having said that I still use it every time because it looks awesome haha. The polar blast is the thickest one I've used so far imo. All the others just seem to run off the car quite fast so gave up on them.

I'd also recommend the polar seal. It makes the water bead up like mad, but also lasts for ages (I tend to reapply every month, but takes seconds once you have the bottle filled). You use very little each time too, about 40ml to 300ml of water is enough for the whole car. That means if you use it once a month, you've enough in the bottle to last over 2 years! (which tbh is probably a bit too frequently. The water still beads up like mad after 6 weeks. I could probably get away with just giving my car a quick snow foam and rinse every week now to keep it clean after using this stuff. 

I'd not heard of Polar Seal. It looks like it's an alternative to Aqua Wax. How does it compare?

Yes, however instead of applying it with cloths, you just load it into your foam cannon and spray all over the car. Leave it for a few seconds till you hear it 'hissing' and jetwash off. Its miles faster than waxing and leaves quite a durable finish.

How would you rate how much it protects the paintwork in comparison to a layer of Aqua Wax?

I believe it's just like any other sealant in the way it protects the paint. I'd say it's probably the same level of protection as waxing, but the polar seal lasts a lot longer before needing to be reapplied.

I've since read that you shouldn't apply more than once a month as it can cause worse results (due to build of of product). Most people probably do it every 2-3 months depending on how much crap the car collects.

• Like 1

Have you tried out the autoglym polar sealant? Thinking of getting this. Looks a lot easier and faster to apply compared to putting a wax on by hand. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Have you tried out the autoglym polar sealant? Thinking of getting this. Looks a lot easier and faster to apply compared to putting a wax on by hand. 

Do you mean the stuff I've been talking about in all my replies? 😂😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Do you mean the stuff I've been talking about in all my replies? 😂😉

Sorry luke, didn't see that 😂. Just excited at the moment as I bought something for the car. Just hope the paperwork goes through nicely. 

Will have a look at that stuff. Saves the hassle of braking my back applying wax by hand. Saves a hour of cleaning 

Well with Aqua Wax you spray it on the wet car before you dry it so it's not a lot different.

Here's what the Autoglym FAQ says about Polar Seal vs wax:

Is Polar Seal wax safe?

Polar Seal is wax safe and we would recommend that if there is wax on the paintwork that Polar Seal is used as a top up. There is no need to remove the wax or other protection before applying Polar Seal.

Do I use Polar Seal instead of a wax?

Polar Seal is a durable hydrophobic coating. However, it does not offer the same long-term protection as Ultra High Definition Wax or Extra Gloss Protection.

How frequently do I need to apply Polar Seal?

There is no benefit to building layers of Polar Seal. We would only recommend reapplication once water beading has ceased. We certainly do not recommend application more than once a month. 

So no need to apply so often but not as protective? I certainly build up layers of Aqua Wax as I use it every wash and it's worked really well over the years...

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 5:26 PM, Luke4efc said:

Tbh I think snow foam is a complete waste of time and money. It never seems to clean the car anymore than what a normal jetwash would do. Having said that I still use it every time because it looks awesome haha. The polar blast is the thickest one I've used so far imo. All the others just seem to run off the car quite fast so gave up on them.

sorry for digging up the old post, just having a look through this section

the idea behind snow foam is that it lifts most of the dirt up from the paint so when you actually take a sponge/mitt to the car your not rubbing lots of dirt into the paint, do you use the foam as a soap and leave it on to wash the car or do you foam it then rinse it then wash with hands?

i do the latter, leave it on for about 10 15 mins, then rinse, then was by hand, if the foam is running of quite soon after applying that's one of 3 things, either poor quality foam, not enough foam product being put through the lance or a well waxed car, if i was to foam a car that had been waxed in the last month or 2 the foam would slide of quite quick, if i foam a car that's been waxed a year or more ago then it will stick quite well and appear thicker

i use valet pro PH neutral snow foam and a DODO Juice lance with karcher pressure washer, the mix ratio is 300mls of SF to 700mls water, the adjustment screw is all the way open for max foam and as i said the effect varies on the condition of the cars previous waxed status, id the foam sticks well i will then rinse and wash the clay then wash again before applying any polishes, waxes or sealants, i usually take an full day doing a car sometimes 2 if it's a poorly maintained one

if you want to do the job quicker then you could buy a DA polisher, it's not likely to damage paint in the hands of a novice like a rotary would, if i use the DA then i use mainly Poorboys polish and liquid wax

On 9/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, Miggs2002 said:

sorry for digging up the old post, just having a look through this section

the idea behind snow foam is that it lifts most of the dirt up from the paint so when you actually take a sponge/mitt to the car your not rubbing lots of dirt into the paint, do you use the foam as a soap and leave it on to wash the car or do you foam it then rinse it then wash with hands?

i do the latter, leave it on for about 10 15 mins, then rinse, then was by hand, if the foam is running of quite soon after applying that's one of 3 things, either poor quality foam, not enough foam product being put through the lance or a well waxed car, if i was to foam a car that had been waxed in the last month or 2 the foam would slide of quite quick, if i foam a car that's been waxed a year or more ago then it will stick quite well and appear thicker

i use valet pro PH neutral snow foam and a DODO Juice lance with karcher pressure washer, the mix ratio is 300mls of SF to 700mls water, the adjustment screw is all the way open for max foam and as i said the effect varies on the condition of the cars previous waxed status, id the foam sticks well i will then rinse and wash the clay then wash again before applying any polishes, waxes or sealants, i usually take an full day doing a car sometimes 2 if it's a poorly maintained one

if you want to do the job quicker then you could buy a DA polisher, it's not likely to damage paint in the hands of a novice like a rotary would, if i use the DA then i use mainly Poorboys polish and liquid wax

Snow foams do loosen up dirt. Bilt hamber auto foam I think is the best one out there and a bargain also. I like to spray a little on one panel then hand wash with a mitt soaked in their shampoo. It's so slippery that I think it adds a lot of lubrication preventing scratches. 

• 3 months later...

Okay, so I'm washing the car this morning and I'm using the Polar Blast for the first time...

Its ace. Hangs on the car way longer than even the Auto Finesse Avalanch (the bottle says leave it to dwell for up to 10 minutes).

Top Product :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club