Do Not Sell My Personal Information

09 transit connect

Gary-1987

My transit connect is a 09 reg and is on almost 100k miles. I have been told it’s got a wet bet as well as the normal timing belt. I have never heard of it. I’m getting mixed answers from garages saying they have never heard of it and some saying they are around £600 to do. What should I do weather to get the job done on a old van now or just take a chance and leave it 

Depends how much you value the van lol. If it suddenly broke tomorrow would you be able to get around ok without it and have the funds to buy a new van. If you answer no to either of those then I'd say its worth doing haha. These transits all depend on how much rust they have. If it's pretty clean then yeah I'd say its worth doing.

if you do decide to have it replaced you can buy a chain kit to replace the rubber belt . then it is fit and forget also if you are not replacing it and taking a chance make sure you use the latest spec ford specification engine oil i used Shell helix ultra af 5w30 on my old van it is designed for the wet belt system 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club