Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Fiesta Headlights

DEVSR2

Has anyone successfully changed either their standard or projector headlights on the MK8, to the LED option?

If so, what was included in the process?

TIA

5 minutes ago, DEVSR2 said:

Has anyone successfully changed either their standard or projector headlights on the MK8, to the LED option?

If so, what was included in the process?

TIA

don't think its possible as i believe you need all the auto leveling sensors so be fitted and all the wiring and software changed. if it is possible it wont be cheap at all. the best bet is to order these NEW from CEUK specially made brand new for the mk8 fiesta projector https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/collections/x-ceuk-lighting-dipped-beam/products/mk8-fiesta-enhanced-edition-led-h7

• Like 1

That's a shame @jakephillips05, there's sets going on the bay of e for between £300-400 - obviously not plug and play then.

Be interested to see the reaction to CEUK ones as Autobeam ones for the MK8 didn't get a positive reaction

2 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

That's a shame @jakephillips05, there's sets going on the bay of e for between £300-400 - obviously not plug and play then.

Be interested to see the reaction to CEUK ones as Autobeam ones for the MK8 didn't get a positive reaction

sadly not plug and play as i asked my dealer, i had the autobeam ones but all they are is there normal h7 led bulb with a poorly 3D printed version on the bulb holder not good at all where as the CEUK one is a completely brand new built bulb make specificlly for the MK8 that works with the OEM bulb holder

Just now, jakephillips05 said:

sadly not plug and play as i asked my dealer, i had the autobeam ones but all they are is there normal h7 led bulb with a poorly 3D printed version on the bulb holder not good at all where as the CEUK one is a completely brand new built bulb make specificlly for the MK8 that works with the OEM bulb holder

i am getting a set to test tomorrow so will update you with pictures ect 

Interesting to see those finally come out. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know what the beam pattern is like and if you can, would you have any pictures at night? 

Also do you know if CEUK would be happy to fit them at their garage? Don’t really fancy going through it myself 😂

3 hours ago, DG97 said:

Interesting to see those finally come out. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know what the beam pattern is like and if you can, would you have any pictures at night? 

Also do you know if CEUK would be happy to fit them at their garage? Don’t really fancy going through it myself 😂

they have been tested for 6 months so they dont mess with beam pattern it will be same as halogen bulbs just much brighter. yes they fit but there fitting center is in Leeds so depends if its close enough to you. 

On 7/19/2019 at 9:22 PM, jakephillips05 said:

i am getting a set to test tomorrow so will update you with pictures ect 

Did you manage to fit them mate? If so, how did it go? Did you also fit the larger rubber caps? 

18 hours ago, DG97 said:

Did you manage to fit them mate? If so, how did it go? Did you also fit the larger rubber caps? 

sadly its a headlight out job and i know the mk8 headlights are a pain to get in and out so i returned them sadly. 

14 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

sadly its a headlight out job and i know the mk8 headlights are a pain to get in and out so i returned them sadly. 

Shame, tbh thought it was going to be a headlight out kind of job. The standard h7 fit in just about, anything bigger seems to be headlights out. With mine, I think i’m going to wait for a few months to see what the reviews are like and if they’re fine, I might ask them to fit it as their garage isn’t too far away from me. 

Did ask them about that rubber cover that lets the fan stick out but they’ve gone back to the drawing board with that for the time being so it looks like it’s the large caps or nothing atm. 

17 hours ago, DG97 said:

Shame, tbh thought it was going to be a headlight out kind of job. The standard h7 fit in just about, anything bigger seems to be headlights out. With mine, I think i’m going to wait for a few months to see what the reviews are like and if they’re fine, I might ask them to fit it as their garage isn’t too far away from me. 

Did ask them about that rubber cover that lets the fan stick out but they’ve gone back to the drawing board with that for the time being so it looks like it’s the large caps or nothing atm. 

yeh sadly if their workshop was closer to be i would have them fit them but its 4-5 hours away so sadly its a no and its a lease car so i dont want to spend a fortune on it for it being temp but the bulbs are very good build quality and i did . plug them in out of the projector and extremely bright. also there rubber caps are a bit smaller and better than autobeam. but you could cut a hole in the back that you can squeeze over the fan that will do the job. 

17 hours ago, DG97 said:

if only they made the mk8 headlights come out as easy as other headlights and the mk7/7.5 

CEUK are about to bring to the market some LED for dipped headlights for the Mk8 ST Line - Ive just got the same from Autobeam to fit to my own ST Line, the feedback appeared to be good.........

However, does any body know how to get the headlight unit (after removing the 2 screws and body fastener!) out ???? if they were as easy as the vids for Mk7/7.5 then great, but the Mk8 is a ***** nightmare

You don't need to get the unit out.
You can just lift it a bit up and out. Then there is enough space to place a H7 LED unit in the H7 socket.

Planning on having the CEUK bulbs fitted by them when they are released. 

In preparation, I’ve fitted their LED fog lights. Despite the need to remove the trim around the light on the ST-Lines it was probably the easiest change I’ve ever done. Highly recommend this, the light is far whiter and gives the car a much nearer look especially as the fogs double up as cornering light.

How did you remove the trim around the stl-line fogs? I know it should just unclip, but it seems to require a lot of force and i'm nervous about damaging clips and paintwork - any tips?

3 minutes ago, Jonson said:

How did you remove the trim around the stl-line fogs? I know it should just unclip, but it seems to require a lot of force and i'm nervous about damaging clips and paintwork - any tips?

I looked at two YouTube videos that are quite detailed for the MK8, one of them is a red ST Line, the other a grey ST. I’d recommend checking those two out as they really helped. 

Make sure you have a plastic trim removal tool and don’t use anything metal like a screwdriver to unwedge.

I found the black trim is far more brittle and easy to break than the painted, larger trim. 

On one side slightly unclipping the black trim with the help of the trim removal tool let me get my hand and unclip the painted part entirely. So without the need to take out the entire black trim, just enough to get my hand in to take off the larger element. Do be careful when taking off the black trim as it’s far easier to break the clips off that. The painted part is quite brittle anyway but, the way you take it off is never likely to cause any breakages. 

On the other side, i’d used the trim removal tool to attempt to remove the black surrounding but as I grabbed onto the larger part, it just I clipped and came out - very convenient as it made life easy. 

When putting back, align the clips and push back in and you’re all sorted. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club