Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vignale MK4 door rattle

Ams

Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of a Focus MK4 Vignale. Loving the car as I came back to focus after a long time. Everything is brilliant with the car except a rattle from the driver's door with slight vibration going the window. I have read people complaining about the rattle. Rattle is there even when the music is turned off so it's not related to the bass in the car. Anyone else experienced this and managed to get it sorted? I've got the car booked with dealer for 29th July.

Thank you

No problem like that with mine . 

On 7/20/2019 at 4:10 PM, Comares2001 said:

No problem like that with mine . 

I've never had problem like this before with any of my cars. Also noticed yesterday that chrome trim on driver's door slides backwards possibly with the vibration (I mentioned). I can push it back to it's original position with a finger. 

Nothing like that with mine just go back to the dealer,they must be able fix it. Remind them as a Vignale model its supposed to be premium vehicle.

• Like 1

Had similar thing but passenger side, mine was squeaky door card, dealer said couldn't find a fault, but just taking it off and putting back solved the issue.

Both my front door casings creak and my driver's side casing rattles.

MK4 Titanium

• Like 2

Same with me MK4 Titanium, slight rattle to drivers door, and vibration around the center console

• Like 1

I’m taking my car in on Monday. Will update you all. 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:14 AM, Mark-UK said:

Had similar thing but passenger side, mine was squeaky door card, dealer said couldn't find a fault, but just taking it off and putting back solved the issue.

There is no squeak at all just a rattle and vibration in the window. Only driver side

I occasionally get a rattle in the drivers side B pillar, near where the seat belt comes out, right in me earole!!!

Just an Update:

Picked up my car today from the dealer. They’ve ordered a new door panel for the rattle. Also the vibration in the window was resolved by applying more lubricants. Will be waiting to get a call now.

• Like 1

Please let me know when you get an update. I had my MK4 ST Line X 1.5 Diesel in twice now to look at rattles, mostly when music on (got the B&O Play speakers), but can be heard without music and driving too. Seems to be in 2/3 places in both front doors (top right/top left, and around the speaker). Part of me thinks it's the window rattling?. First time they replaced missing rubber seals, second time they couldn't find anything. Going to rebook in and provide a demonstration. Any ammunition you can give would be great.

Hi JackH95,

Main thing I did is took a picture of the door from inside and out. Marked the area concerned and handed that picture in. I also realised that due to the vibration in the door the chrome strip near the window slided from its place. It could be pushed back in its place but would slide again. I’ve not had a call back yet. 

I've got a similar, annoying "knocking" from the front passenger's door in my Mk 4 Focus whenever I driver over any rough surface too. I don't really trust the dealer to not make a mess (chipping/breaking bits of plastic, etc) so I'm probably going to have a look at taking the door panel off myself - does anyone know how to remove it?

Just to say that my Mk4 focus went in yesterday to have this looked at. The guy at the service desk took it out for a test drive and said to me afterwards "that must have driven you mad - I've taken cars apart for less than that". Turns out it that there's a junction box inside the door which should be held in place with a rubber fitting - they replaced the fitting and all is OK now.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:04 AM, Dark Andy said:

Just to say that my Mk4 focus went in yesterday to have this looked at. The guy at the service desk took it out for a test drive and said to me afterwards "that must have driven you mad - I've taken cars apart for less than that". Turns out it that there's a junction box inside the door which should be held in place with a rubber fitting - they replaced the fitting and all is OK now.

Thanks for the update Dark Andy. Glad it's all sorted out for you. I'm still waiting for the weather strip to arrive at my dealer. They recon that should stop this rattle. If that doesn't help then I'll mention your solution to them. It's very annoying as it seems to be getting louder day by day.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update:

car went in to the dealer today. Front weather strip changed on driver door. No more vibration in the window. And as per Dark Andy, i also had a loose junction box which I mentioned to them and they confirmed it. Thank you all for your help. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, Ams said:

Just an update:

car went in to the dealer today. Front weather strip changed on driver door. No more vibration in the window. And as per Dark Andy, i also had a loose junction box which I mentioned to them and they confirmed it. Thank you all for your help. 

No problem

• 5 months later...

Hi to all,

I have a MK4 vignale (1.5 diesel) with B&O system. I have notice that the rear Speakers hardly noticed.  If I transfer the balance only to the rear Speakers you can hear that work but when the balance is in the center you cant hear the rear Speakers in the room at all.  

Does anyone has similar problem?  Any idea?

Doesn't matter what settings you use ie occupancy ,the bias will always be towards front of vehicle unless you shift balance to the rear. However a what hi fi review of B&O play system in Fords recommended turning off adaptive volume and turning down treble a notch and bass up . I also use surround sound which I think produces a much fuller sound inside the car.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:35 AM, Agis said:

Hi to all,

I have a MK4 vignale (1.5 diesel) with B&O system. I have notice that the rear speakers hardly noticed.  If I transfer the balance only to the rear speakers you can hear that work but when the balance is in the center you cant hear the rear speakers in the room at all.  

Does anyone has similar problem?  Any idea?

Software update fixes this issue

On 2/26/2020 at 9:20 AM, Comares2001 said:

Doesn't matter what settings you use ie occupancy ,the bias will always be towards front of vehicle unless you shift balance to the rear. However a what hi fi review of B&O play system in Fords recommended turning off adaptive volume and turning down treble a notch and bass up . I also use surround sound which I think produces a much fuller sound inside the car.

I’ve not got the B&O , the adaptive volume does nothing.   Is “surround sound” a B&O feature? The standard stereo is ok at best. I need a fuller sound. 

Are you sure adaptive volume isn't doing anything?It uses an audio compression technique that can and does affect audio quality.Surround sound is one of settings with B&O Play . You should maybe consider adding a sub woofer.

It’s not noticeable. It’s meant to increase/decrease according to road/engine noise? 

I’d buy a sub woofer tomorrow, dilemma is it’s a lease car, I get nothing back when I hand it back. Is it a choice between a sub woofer  or a spare wheel? 

• 1 year later...

Hi all for those who are still having trouble with the rattling in one or both front doors i have the solution, it took a bit of investigating but seemed to have fully resolved issue! Believe it or not the B-pillars! In both door cards right on the top near to the b pillars is a flimsy tinny metal loop that allows the door card to sit in place. The plastic hook that goes in to this is what causes the rattling when on the move as they vibrate off each other. Its a 10 min fix by removing doorcard and then wrapping tesa tape round both the hook and the metal loop. I hope this helps, it was doing my nut in! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club