Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vignale MK4 door rattle

Ams

9 hours ago, Pstewart1989 said:

Hi all for those who are still having trouble with the rattling in one or both front doors i have the solution, it took a bit of investigating but seemed to have fully resolved issue! Believe it or not the B-pillars! In both door cards right on the top near to the b pillars is a flimsy tinny metal loop that allows the door card to sit in place. The plastic hook that goes in to this is what causes the rattling when on the move as they vibrate off each other. Its a 10 min fix by removing doorcard and then wrapping tesa tape round both the hook and the metal loop. I hope this helps, it was doing my nut in! 

Sorry that should have read its not the b pillars

Mine Rattles on drivers door, I thought it was the armrest handle but more suspect of the speaker area, it's very annoying as it's only just started, a vibration more than a rattle, also when I pull away a rattle more in the centre consul area, I have to keep the radio on so it does not drive me bonkers, I'm reluctant to remove door card incase I make it worse.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:10 PM, Comares2001 said:

No problem like that with mine . 

It could happen, mine was fine but not now.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, MalcolmW said:

Same with me MK4 Titanium, slight rattle to drivers door, and vibration around the center console

Same with mine

Are the door cards easy to remove?

I was thinking the same thing - a guide on removing the door cards, where are the multiple clips and torx screws, how to disconnect the wiring and how to not break anything.  I think many people are reluctant to tear apart their new cars for fear of not being able to put it back together.

• Like 1

Literally the first result on youtube... 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pstewart1989 said:

Sorry that should have read its not the b pillars

Got any pictures?

15 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Literally the first result on youtube... 😉

Fair enough, but he only shows how to get it off, not back on!  I know, repeat in reverse.

Any pictures to point to the tinny metal loop that needs to be wrapped?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, south_bound said:

Fair enough, but he only shows how to get it off, not back on!  I know, repeat in reverse.

Any pictures to point to the tinny metal loop that needs to be wrapped?

I wouldn't mind seeing the picture, cured my door vibration with a microfiber cloth stuffed between the door when I close it, where the hard plastic is above the speaker and the soft plastic seam cures the vibration

Mines rattling both sides , where if it was an old car where the button would be to lock it from the inside. Only on certain road surfaces. If I press it down with my elbow while driving it stops rattling .  Sounds like passenger side is the same. It’s not loud but enough to annoy me. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all, glad I found this forum. I am also getting rattling from most likely driver door, seem like B-pillars, but still coulnt not solve it and it is very annoying. 

@Pstewart1989: can you please share a picture of the palstic hook that causes this vibration?

thank you

On 6/9/2021 at 11:48 PM, Pstewart1989 said:

In both door cards right on the top near to the b pillars is a flimsy tinny metal loop that allows the door card to sit in place. The plastic hook that goes in to this is what causes the rattling when on the move as they vibrate off each other. Its a 10 min fix by removing doorcard and then wrapping tesa tape round both the hook and the metal loop

The fault is in the door, not in the B pillar like he thought.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club