Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium vs st-line

auldreekie

Asides from the different enhancements in the 2018 titanium1.0 ecoboost is there a lot of difference in the 2018 st-line models?

I believe suspension is a bit firmer on st-line models, how much difference is the in ride comfort than the titanium?

My days of flooring the car and adding extra mods are gone... I know, boring😔 basically when I'm out and about I want a comfy drive.

• Like 2

Titanium for comfort @auldreekie and ST Line for fun! Lol. Suspension is firmer (I think by 15% but not sure on that) on the ST Line.

The suspension is firmer in the ST Line and the car is lower by 1cm when compared to the Titanium. As Devsr2 says, Titanium is more comfortable but the ST Line isn't exactly back breaking either. 

When I was doing my research for my Fiesta in these very forums someone said, and I’m paraphrasing, if you’re old and boring get the Titanium but if you’re scared of admitting your old and boring get the ST Line. OK they may not have used those words exactly but I took them to mean that 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you're after comfort it has to be the Titanium.  You get plenty more toys as well.  ST Line is only for looks really, bigger wheels and harder ride.

28 minutes ago, ElliotReid said:

if you’re old and boring get the Titanium but if you’re scared of admitting your old and boring get the ST Line.

Well, I don't mind admitting I'm old (don't know about the boring though!). Even on what passes for roads nowadays, I find the ride/handling balance of the ST-Line on the standard 17" rims perfectly acceptable and I've suffered back problems since my late 20's. My only real comfort issue is the seats, which are not to my mind really "sports" seats and lack lateral support at the cornering speeds the car is capable of.

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Well, I don't mind admitting I'm old (don't know about the boring though!). Even on what passes for roads nowadays, I find the ride/handling balance of the ST-Line on the standard 17" rims perfectly acceptable and I've suffered back problems since my late 20's. My only real comfort issue is the seats, which are not to my mind really "sports" seats and lack lateral support at the cornering speeds the car is capable of.

As far as i'm aware, the "sports seats" despite the alleged sportiness aren't actually any different to Titanium except for the leather/styling. In both cases there is marginal side support. On the ST-Line it's a bit of a shame as the cornering ability of the car is really good but the seats really let it down.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like I can knock the st-line of my shopping list, DG97, I didn't kkow it was about a cm lower, that makes a difference as my 2014 Titanium gets into my drive by the skin of its teeth due to the crappy camber of the street and the gradient of my driveway. Titanium it is then. Thanks all. 

9 minutes ago, DG97 said:

the "sports seats" despite the alleged sportiness aren't actually any different to Titanium except for the leather/styling. In both cases there is marginal side support. 

Yes, that's what I reckon also. The seats in the "sporty" VW superminis, eg SEAT Ibiza FR, seem far more supportive. 

13 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

my 2014 Titanium gets into my drive by the skin of its teeth due to the crappy camber of the street and the gradient of my driveway.

Perhaps you should look at the Active if a bit of extra clearance would be handy? As I've mentioned elsewhere one of my neighbours has swapped her Titanium X for one and is very pleased with it.

42 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, that's what I reckon also. The seats in the "sporty" VW superminis, eg SEAT Ibiza FR, seem far more supportive. 

I agree. A friend of mine has a Fabia Monte Carlo, i sat in the seat which had proper side support and you could really tell that there is far more support available than what is there for the Fiesta. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club