Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus Estate

Imprezajay86

Thanks guys, well, it's been a big day today, had the focus remapped today, what a difference that has made, also, I've had some deliveries today, lowering springs have turned up, new spoiler has turned up and also a pipercross induction kit arrived

So first thing was to get the induction kit fitted

20190823_154212.thumb.jpg.54a9603bf75ce875fee14fc583320c76.jpg

Then I sprayed my new spoiler, 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of moondust silver and finally 5 coats of lacquer

20190823_201159.thumb.jpg.31a4c6467deeced2dbcefadc9b6ea5ff.jpg

So, the spoiler is now all ready for fitting tomorrow

Then finally started on fitting the lowering springs, this is just the front passenger one I've done and what a difference it has made

785765760_Collage2019-08-2320_29_21.thumb.jpg.055f8c5e605f1f2b81f72db5d071e754.jpg

Sits very nicely, then I started on the drivers side, what an absolute ***** that side has been, I've now ran out of light so it currently is like this

20190823_213059.thumb.jpg.6a025c047388547376d26541d2ab9187.jpg

So that is today's work on the car, tomorrow I'll be fitting the rest of the lowering springs and also fitting the spoiler, I did rest it on the car earlier before I painted it just to get an idea of what it would look like

20190823_161316.thumb.jpg.defc8adb00252ae9a89a6242a1bb3e5e.jpg

Will look nice when it's fitted properly

The other day I did a few interior changes, new gearknob, gaiter and chrome surround, then I wrapped the base in moondust silver and the radio surround too, also changed the radio for a bigger one and also new heater control knobs

20190818_175730.thumb.jpg.a4140cda659a0a60a4a30b0de0f085a4.jpg

I've also got an ST front bumper on the way as well

Car is really starting to come along now, still lots to do

• Like 2

Well the focus is finally lowered, fronts were a pain, couldn't undo the nut on the droplink on the drivers side, finally got it undone, put the new spring on, then had the droplink snap on assembly 🙄 so it now has 2 new droplinks, backs also proved to be a pain, but it's all done now and looks much better

20190824_142300.thumb.jpg.2e8862d8f4a35eeb44901b19315fff89.jpg

20190824_184746.thumb.jpg.0cf13b7ee21ca57c0e9510be2d7ecd72.jpg

Also just stuck the spoiler on so that can be left over night to dry, hopefully the blocks don't fall off lol

20190824_183722.thumb.jpg.aa448459f6e198e936ea54fdfc0a10f5.jpg

Tomorrow will be spray tinting the rear lights, I did have them tinted with film, but even though I have full LEDs on the rear lights I was too paranoid my brake lights and indicators couldn't be seen, so I've taken that off lol

• Like 1

Looking Fresh 

Would you consider dewiper the rear now you have a rear spoiler?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Looking Fresh 

Would you consider dewiper the rear now you have a rear spoiler?  

Thanks buddy, hmmmm yeah I've been thinking about that, did take the motor and wiper off a few days ago, but couldn't find a grommet for the hole so put it back in again lol

• Haha 1

Well, that's the spoiler all on and sorted, shame it's turned out a slightly different shade, hoping compounding it will help

26ac17c7edcf06206dfdcd55bc74431d.jpg

• Like 2

Looks alright to me 😊. Was there two shades of silver on the mondeo? If not probably like you said a polish might bring the colour back. 

The problem with off the shelf spray paint is even though you have the correct colour for the car the car has usually reached a few years old at the point of something being painted so the weather has had an affect on the paint by making it slightly lighter so most of the time you paint a part next to another panel the new part is slightly darker, the best way I've found is to find a paint shop that proper car painters get there supplies from and take them the petrol flap in as a guide for what you want, they usually have a machine they scan the part under that will then give them exactly what colours in what amounts they need to put in a mix and should be able to aerosolise it for you to apply at home

• Like 2

How dark was your tail light tint?  I'm kinda liking the look but I dont want to got too dark

Allan

• Like 1

Thanks guys, yes I think that will be the plan at some point, I'm also thinking I may just have the whole car resprayed when I get the bumpers and side skirts I want

The light tint was limo black, looks great, but I think it's probably a magnet for the police

So, a few more things, I've ordered new front struts and top mounts to go on, which were supposed to be here on Wednesday but still no sign of them

I've also bought a set of bucket seats off a mate, so I also have these to fit

70ec3f292a30beff384c79c3d55377c1.jpg

I've switched radios too, just wasn't happy with the one I fitted, so I've put the radio from my transit in my focus and focus radio in the transit

I've also spent the last 3 evenings wiring up a reversing camera, ran into a few issues, but it's finally fitted and working great

3015688e92f3d36cc6803336cc33462b.jpg

ed7fa8240ffbf5fe84c231c78762282c.jpg

So hopefully over the weekend I'll be fitting the seats, hoping my rails will just bolt straight onto the bucket seats, but nothing is ever that simple

I'm hoping my new struts will turn up tomorrow so I can fit those too, my top mounts have gone on mine and the clunking is driving me mad lol

Still need to tint my rear lights too, so weather permitting I'll be doing that too

with regards to the tinting, you get a better look from the film than the spray because it's automatically a glossy finish, the spray has to be don'e properly and then buffed to get a decent finish, the below links are just the first couple i found on eGay but you get the idea, i think as long as the fundamental aspects of the light can be seen in daytime through the tint you are less likely to get pulled, that's not a guarantee that you won't but most coppers would let the lighter tint go as it's not like the first tint where you just have a black section on your car

illegal tint

more likely to get away with it tint

Yeah I've tried a few tint films, that was my first choice, I just can't apply it without bubbles, I've sprayed them today and they've actually turned out really shiny, here's a couple of pics, I'll post more when they're back in the car

195a8afae5cf73139444621529fffcaa.jpg

8cd2971f40876cdbff4f975e2915ab29.jpg

So today I've been busy spraying, nearly all the covers in the engine bay and also spray tinted the rear lights, so here's a few pics of how she is at the minute

0320b8cde50ac34a536cd50beb0a6380.jpg

c3aa0f12193dc7c4259eeb5cb76ac879.jpg

a3bf2b07af5aaade8a0debcf9feb4488.jpg

bbc8da200f02762ebd6e6ed029725c95.jpg

c8e37839dc170ddc1e1e8dcf69935e1a.jpg

More to come soon lol

• Like 1

that's a good finish you got there pal, if i'd have known you were going down the spray route i would have said to heat the lenses up slightly first then keep a warm temp on it once sprayed to give you more of a chance with a gloss finish but that actually looks pretty good as is, as for the tint film i have used various films in the past and found that lamin-x from the states seems to be the easiest to work with, or fly eyes, that's a 100% legal light covering product that used to be available from flyeyes.co.uk in any colour you wanted, sadly they have ceased trading so now you can only buy replica type stuff in black off eGay, the original was so easy to use, you could screw it up in a ball then open it and apply to the lights without any creases or marks, i have used any copy style stuff so can't comment on the flexibility of that but flyeyes is a marmite product, looks great from a few feet away but close up you see the perforations, never bothered me but some don't like it

anywhoo, cracking job pal, they look great

• Like 1

Thanks mate, yeah I wish I'd of thought to do that, they are shiny but a couple of spots kind of has a frosty looking thing going on, so I'll redo them at the weekend and keep the warm throughout

Yes flyeye is a love or hate kind of thing, used the flyeye tint on my Impreza, looked great from a distance, not so great up close though lol

• Like 1

could be worse, I've seen corsa's and shitroens with tights over the lenses in the past, one even had fishnets on it, took me a min to figure what it was lol

• Like 2

Oh wow, that's a whole new kind of special lol

• Haha 2

i grew up reading max power magazines as a teen and have all the issues from day one still in my cupboard upstairs, I've never been one to just someone else's tastes as crap, it's their car they think it looks cool and they are happy with it that's fine, but if my kids ever came home with a mod like tights on the lights i'd kick their a**es so hard they would be tasting my shoe leather for a month 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pmfsl I can't say I blame you buddy, I grew up reading max power mags along with fast car magazine, I think it's an era best left in the past, but at the same time I miss it, going to shows and everyone's there with there kitted up cars, it was fantastic, lots of great times, may not like the way someone has done their car but I can appreciate the time and effort they've spent in making it there pride and joy

• Like 1

Well, the past couple nights I've been changing my struts, seems a much better ride now, can't really feel most bumps anymore, which is nice

15ac24b0b7841e75c338709306af86b8.jpg

785c6fc4d9f623403fa4af6bd7bb28c5.jpg

My new battery cover will be getting sprayed tomorrow too

• Like 2

Couple more bits sprayed in the engine bay today, plastic side bits and the battery cover sprayed silver, the plastic below the wipers sprayed black too, going to spray the wiper arms silver tomorrow too

a27e21920119ff019283b83dfbb45847.jpg

And a before and after pic just to show the difference lol

919684d56a983249d0acc888da5b312c.jpg

• Like 1

Came out well 👍. Can I ask how you sprayed it? What sprays you used and if you sanded the plastic. 

• Like 1

She's looking pretty good bud, any tips on the rear spring change?  My bilstein and eibach's have arrived.

Allan

Thanks buddy, i didn't sand any of them, just cleaned them up with water, then wiped them over with paint thinners, then 2 coats of plastic primer, 3 coats of colour and a couple coats of lacquer

She's looking pretty good bud, any tips on the rear spring change?  My bilstein and eibach's have arrived.

Allan
Thanks mate, take the bolt out the rear arm and take the bolt off the anti roll bar, push it out the way and the spring will pray out easily

Today I sprayed the wiper arms silver

9278d5602813c3cc511d079eff706670.jpg

But I don't like it, looks tacky so they'll be getting sprayed black soon lol

Gave it a good clean inside and washed and polished it

30019241f7d35a7818d5f63e9c816436.jpg

Got too dark to get any more pics