Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charging problem or dead battery?

Martyitus

So I woke up to find the car wouldn’t start, it just makes a clicking noise, no fault codes on the secret menu either. Came back to the car and it’s almost drained as no dashboard comes up and it struggles to lock the doors. Hazard lights are flashing but they won’t go off either. 

Also does anyone know what device this is? 

307E7EA3-AEA5-4364-AA7A-7FA3392990D4.jpeg

That's a GPS tracker.

The battery has probably dropped a cell and needs replacing if its just suddenly failed but it's worth trying to charge it first just in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m fairly certain this tracker wasn’t here when I bought it 3 years ago 😂 what the hell 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Martyitus said:

I’m fairly certain this tracker wasn’t here when I bought it 3 years ago 😂 what the hell 

Are you sure your names really Mark and not a certain James Bond that's being tracked by an old man with a cat on his lap with a gps tracker........? ? 😄 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Albert27 said:

Are you sure your names really Mark and not a certain James Bond that's being tracked by an old man with a cat on his lap with a gps tracker........? ? 😄 

😂 

I’ve only ever had a tracker on my first car for telematics insurance, never on this car and I honestly don’t remember seeing this under the bonnet before. Going to try and get it working.

Jump started the car and left it running for a while, alternator is fine but we’ll see in the morning. I’m hoping it was the wife leaving the glove box open or forgetting to shut a door and leaving it unlocked overnight 👀

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can anyone help my mechanic jumped started my focus 2010 2 weeks later my alternator has broke would a jump start do this thanks 

27 minutes ago, Taxi man said:

Can anyone help my mechanic jumped started my focus 2010 2 weeks later my alternator has broke would a jump start do this thanks 

Anything's possible, but unless he's hooked the jump leads up backwards I doubt the jump start fried the alternator, more the alternator had started to fail leading you to need a jump start

Thanks for your reply

I’ve bought a new alternator and seller states never charge a completely dead battery with a smart alternator it could damage it and he won’t guarantee it also if it do it does not have a calcium battery it might be just be the alternator is had it the car has done 100000 miles I don’t want to blame the mechanic if it’s not his doing lol

Just as an aside, isn't the point of a 'tracker' to be a concealed weapon against theft? All the installations I've ever known about you can't see where it has been fitted as it is concealed to prevent a would be thief just ripping it out. That one seem pretty obvious and in very plain sight?

some trackers are fitted by fleet operators to monitor where their vehicles are primarily as opposed to primarily for theft . so it being hidden would not be so important but it would be better if it was hidden to serve both purposes. also you don't want staff removing it and placing elsewhere to avoid the employer knowing where they really went in the vehicle. someone I know worked at a supermarket where all of the home shopping delivery vans were fitted with tracking devices. all staff were told this but some still did silly things like deviating from their routes to go to drug dens or go home and watch the world cup and got caught. perhaps the staff just did not believe the trackers were fitted when they were told they were.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club