Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 ford focus cigarette lighter not working

b4zz

As title after having a look at the fuses all seem fine I came across this wire that is pluged into where the 20amp fuse goes to run the lighter.

Unpluged said wire inserted a fuse and the lighters work fine but put that wire back and nothing so anybody have any idea what it is/could be for please as its annoying me.

thank you in advance for any help/reply.

025.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

Its a piggyback fuse adapter.  Usually used for dashcam hardwiring but may also be power for aftermarket phone/sat nav etc.

ok cheers for the help tom its much appreciated so I assume I can run the car with out the piggy back fuse adapter in with out any isues  it will just mean my dash cam wount work but I can use the usb port for that in the car

Yeah you won't cause any issues running the car without that, as Tom already said, it's usually for a dashcam, satnav, phone etc, if its already plugged into a dashcam put it in the foglight fuse instead

3 hours ago, b4zz said:

ok cheers for the help tom its much appreciated so I assume I can run the car with out the piggy back fuse adapter in with out any isues  it will just mean my dash cam wount work but I can use the usb port for that in the car

Only problem you may have is that some dashcam  draw too much current for the USB port to keep the dashcam battery charged.

thank you very much for all the help guys its much appreciated and thought some one on here would know what it was. thank you again guys

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club