Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch problem 2013 KA

Al Blair

Intermittent problem getting into gear. Hydraulic fluid reservoir low initially but no obvious signs of leak. Top level up and clutch works fine for a week or two then problem with selecting gears again until hydraulic fluid level is topped up again. No signs of fluid leaks that I can see and no signs of drips on floor. Anybody any ideas what problem/solution might be?

If the level is dropping it has to be leaking somewhere.  If you can't see a leak then it's probably the clutch slave cylinder inside the gearbox leaking.  Cheap part but requires gearbox removal to replace it so high labour cost.

is the driver side carpet dry I think the master cylinder is up behind  the pedal there 

• 1 year later...

Hi I am having the exact same problem with my 2016 KA. Clutch goes floppy every couple of weeks and when I check fluid, the little pot is empty. Tip it up and good to go for another 2 weeks. No sign of leaking on floor etc.....  is there anyway of fixing this without removing entire gear box? 

• 2 months later...

Hi

My wife had the same problem few weeks ago (Ford KA Edge 2016). Topping up from time to time the reservuar. No leaks noticed on our drive. 3 day ago while driving she could not change the gear, pulled over and stopped the car. Pretty big oil leak on passenger side. It turned out there is a pipe connector cracked just at the side of the wheelarch. Decided to sort it out on my own. In theory you need to replace two pipes (see diagram).Please also find attached pics. Let me know please if my info was useful.

Looking now for an advice how to bleed the clutch. Any ideas ?

20210920_195004_copy_1382x1843.jpg

20210920_195257_copy_1382x1843.jpg

20210916_094313.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my wife’s Ka had the exact same problem. Rather than replacing the whole line & connector (I don’t like spending money if I can avoid it!) I cut the connector out which rots and leaks and replaced it with a 10mm compression fitting. The wall of the tube is quite thick but to be on the safe side I made a couple of tiny steel sleeves which slid into the bore of the pipe to add some extra strength to it. I certainly wouldn’t attempt this on a brake line but figured the clutch line pressure is fairly low in comparison. 
it’s worked a treat for a couple of years. 
hope it helps. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club