Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking sensors

BugCo22
聽Share

Ok bought another Smax recently, better then the last one !! I have only 2 minor problems with this one, one of which is the parking sensors not working. I get the 3 second tone and flashy light on the switch. Been doing some research and duff module, corroded harness at the back end or duff sensors seem to be the common culprits. I did read somewhere that if you put your finger near the sensor, you should be able to hear a ticking noise, with ignition on and in reverse gear ?? Is this the case with these sensors ?? As I have no ticking on any sensor. So is there a way I can find out if it's the harness or the module at fault ?? If I unplug the harness from the module, will it clear the fault, as in the tone and flashy light, or induce a further fault ?? I dont know how the sensors interact with the module 馃槥

Ok so I disconnected the individual sensor looms in turn and then together. Same scenario as before, ignition on and in reverse, the 3 second beep and flashy light. Could this be the module at fault ?? Or is the module looking for some kind of feedback from the sensors ??

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as you, have you managed to repair it?
I have tried to disconnect the sensors one by one and clean the connectors, but the problem is not solved.

Just a thought but have you checked for a blown fuse?

Have you tried using Forscan to diagnose the problem? If I understand @DavesEdge聽spreadsheet the software will read parking assist modules

Otherwise it will be trial and error - most likely will be the parking module if you can "borrow" a working one that will confirm yours is duff

HTH

Don't seem to be able to EDIT my last - I don't know if your car has a separate Parking Module and/or Fuse if not sorry for daft suggestion - I think the Edge is incorporated with the Body Control Module聽:wacko:

Does the tone come through the stereo Speakers or a separate sounder? If the latter then the sounder could be faulty, happened on my Mondeo

On 8/12/2019 at 6:07 AM, Westville said:

Just a thought but have you checked for a blown fuse?

Have you tried using Forscan to diagnose the problem? If I understand @DavesEdge聽spreadsheet the software will read parking assist modules

Otherwise it will be trial and error - most likely will be the parking module if you can "borrow" a working one that will confirm yours is duff

HTH

Hi All

Westville

Using Forscan I was able to read all the modules in/on my Edge.

Any readings that start with a header code of 726 were (as far as I could figure out) associated with the Park Assist Module.

Happy motoring

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club