Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamondbrite... Have I Been Ripped Off?

BabyDoll22

I've recently bought a new fiesta and opted to go for the diamondbrite costing me an extra £300.. Or £299 to be exact (They say thats including VAT. although the figures printed on my paperwork say something like £254 and have £0.00 next to "Taxable Accessories") .. After searching for some reviews I came across one guy's post on here saying that he had paid £195 for it! .. I was just wondering how much other people had paid, and weather or not I should be having words with the salesman!?

I personally wouldn't bother with it all. Much cheaper and better to put some protection on yourself.

I personally wouldn't bother with it all. Much cheaper and better to put some protection on yourself.

Yeah a couple of people have said that.. I would never get round to doing it though thats the only problem.. Also seen a few posts on here saying just to wax it but i'm a nightmare with it.. Start it and can't be bothered to finish it! lol..

Another option could be to scrap the Diamondbrite and spend the money on a professional to wax and protect it? (Just a thought :lol:)

You can buy exactly what the dealer buys on eBay - for a tenner. Stick Diamondbrite into eBay and you get results like this all over the place...

on eBay

It's a synthetic sealant which works no differently from any other sealant - in fact it's less effective than many. It is a complete rip off and the biggest markup I have ever seen on any product.

You can buy exactly what the dealer buys on eBay - for a tenner. Stick Diamondbrite into eBay and you get results like this all over the place...

on eBay

It's a synthetic sealant which works no differently from any other sealant - in fact it's less effective than many. It is a complete rip off and the biggest markup I have ever seen on any product.

Hi scotguard is alot better than dimondbrite i paid 99p plus £3 p+p for mine of eBay and did it my self you get alot more satisfaction doing it ya self.

Hi scotguard is alot better than dimondbrite i paid 99p plus £3 p+p for mine of ebay and did it my self you get alot more satisfaction doing it ya self.

in simple words its a total rip off and useless many people find it doesnt even last 6 months and isnt a substitute for elbow grease scotchbrite as stated does the same thing

A friend of mine has just bought a 2006 C-Max. They tried selling him Diamondbrite for £250 then said they had a special offer of £75. He said "£50 and I'll consider it" and they said ok!! Just goes to show how much you can knock 'em down if you want it done!

Mike

Yes in short you have been ripped of salesman work on commission so will always try and sell that to you.

it costs ford about £25 for the big all in pack and they charge it out at £300

scotchguard is much better.

I have this, came with my car without me knowing (i have paid for it) dont regret it though, think its a great set as I would have had to buy it anyway

scotchguard is what you want, you can get kits so every panel can be covered in this tough clear plastic protective film, especially good on the bumpers to prevent stone chips.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/Solutions/For_the_Consumer/

What about cleaning the car, will the scotch guarded parts come up as well as the un scotchguarded parts, say if only the bonnet nad bumpers where done.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

It's not wax - it's sealant. One is synthetic, one is natural.

you get alot more satisfaction doing it ya self.

Oh I don't know about that.