Do Not Sell My Personal Information

vibration

Baillie Evans

hi i have a 2ltr cmax auto 2006 with a vibration when pulling away slowly from stop it vibrates  through the bulkhead were the gear shift is situated it does this up to about  25 mph then is no problem  it has had all new  engine mounts fitted near side and off side wish bones, near side and off side drive shafts. new front disc and pads and a new offside front spring top hat, but the vibration is still there. H as anyone expeienced this problem if so how did you get rid of problem please. Contact Mrlexus1998@gmail.com asap please. All wheels have been balanced new discs and pad on rear 2 new rear shock absorbs and springs, also front has had new springs thankyou

I suspect the gearbox.

2 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

Or clutch.

Its an automatic 

thank you all for your responces i have had the gearbox checked out and no problems found it has my mechanic of 40 years traiding a bit perplexed hope someone out there has the answer cheers

21 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Its an automatic 

So..Are you saying autos don't have clutches ?

34 minutes ago, Hostahousey said:

It depends whether it's a conventional auto (torque converter) or whether it's a 'semi' auto like Powershift or DSG (clutches).  I think this will be a full auto box though.  I'd still suspect the 'box myself, has the fluid & filter been changed or has the 'box just been checked for fault codes?

1 hour ago, Hostahousey said:

They do have clutches but not in the same way manuals do.

We know this is a 2.0 auto but can't see any mention of petrol or diesel? I believe Ford swapped boxes a fair bit on the C-Max but have an idea that 2.0 petrols got a (Mazda derived?) torque converter and diesels the powershift (dual clutch) box.

I have seen reports of judder/vibration with these, and the VW dsg, particularly if transmission oil changes have been neglected as @TomsFocus mentions.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:20 AM, pragmatix said:

They do have clutches but not in the same way manuals do.

So it could be a clutch fault then. Mine is an auto powershift double CLUTCH.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club