Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best wash and wax shampoo?

Katie-s

Laugh all you want but I want to know what anyones favourite wash and wax car shampoo is, using sonax at the moment and it’s good but I feel like there is better out there.

Choosing the best wash and wax like saying what's the best car; it depends what result youre after and a matter of opinion too.

Ive been using the autoglym blue stuff (pure shampoo) atm. Readily available from most places and cheap enough too. Not a fan of any wash and waxes, it seems to really dull the finish of my paste wax meaning water stops beading after the first wash. This autoglym stuff doesnt contain any extra wax, but doesnt strip wax like fairy liquid would.

• Like 2

Can't really say there is a all time best product but from my cleaning experience I found these to be the best. Haven't tried a wash and wax even though I got Meguiars wash and wax shampoo. 

I use:

Bilt hamber auto wash (shampoo) 

Bilt hamber auto foam (foam) 

GTECHNIQ WM2 washmit 

Bilt hamber auto wheels (wheel cleaner) and fast shot wheel cleaner (really powerful stuff this is) 

Fusso coat (sealant) 

Chemical guys petes 53 wax

Koch chemie fse (finishing spray which removes water spots) 

_20190531_120335.JPG

_20190531_120429.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

_20190723_225019.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the poor boys shampoo. It's awesome. Matter of opinion though.

Tried the Meguiars ultimate wash and wax and think i’ve found a winner tbh, lathers up so well and really gets every last bit of dirt off, not as much beading as you would get from properly waxing a car but the beading was great to say it was just from a wash and wax.

2 minutes ago, Katie-s said:

Tried the meguiars ultimate wash and wax and think i’ve found a winner tbh, lathers up so well and really gets every last bit of dirt off, not as much beading as you would get from properly waxing a car but the beading was great to say it was just from a wash and wax.

You can get some good spray on and wash off waxes/sealants now.  No need to dry the car before hand, apply it to a wet car and then hose off. Might provide a little bit more protection on top of the wash and wax. 

5 hours ago, Michlaustn said:

You can get some good spray on and wash off waxes/sealants now.  No need to dry the car before hand, apply it to a wet car and then hose off. Might provide a little bit more protection on top of the wash and wax. 

Have seen a lot of people on about spray on waxes but idk how I feel about them.

Going to give it a coat of paste wax before the winter comes

I have used the Meguires Quik Wax and that was good. Nice and way to use and seemed to last a while, even worked on the windows. 

The new Meguires Hybrid Ceramic wax gets great reviews, but requires a pressure washer for the best application. The Polar Seal from Autoglym looks pretty good too and should be easy enough to use in winter. 

12 hours ago, Michlaustn said:

I have used the Meguires Quik Wax and that was good. Nice and way to use and seemed to last a while, even worked on the windows. 

The new Meguires Hybrid Ceramic wax gets great reviews, but requires a pressure washer for the best application. The Polar Seal from Autoglym looks pretty good too and should be easy enough to use in winter. 

Seen loads of people raving about the hybrid ceramic wax but I don't have a pressure washer. 

Bought the ultimate paste wax from them purely just because its from the same range as the ultimate wash and wax.

I use Denon shine snow foam and works a treat for me for years, leaves a nice beading effect after I dry it so its like rain just runs off it.

Don't use the foam a lot if at all just a few caps in some water and my Mit and away i go.

+1 for the Demon stuff.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club