Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel consumption

Martyitus

Hi all, I have a Focus 2.0 Powershift diesel and I’m just wondering if anyone has an idea to why I’m getting 22mpg around town and only around 35-40 on motorways. Never used to be this bad, service due again in a couple of months. I’ll have only driven about half a mile and a mile drops off the distance to empty display. 😂 seems to drop too quickly.

Are there any diy options for me to help this? 

Are you doing lots of short journeys recently? Might be trying to regen.

Are you sure it's reaching the engine and not leaking somewhere!? :laugh: 

I wouldn't take too much notice of the range but in the current heat you should be getting close to the best possible MPG.  Have you noticed any loss of power or exhaust smoke?  Does the cooling fan stay running after engine switch off?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Are you doing lots of short journeys recently? Might be trying to regen.

More short journeys than long ones

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure it's reaching the engine and not leaking somewhere!? :laugh: 

I wouldn't take too much notice of the range but in the current heat you should be getting close to the best possible MPG.  Have you noticed any loss of power or exhaust smoke?  Does the cooling fan stay running after engine switch off?

Yeah I’m sure, the bottom left display mostly shows 99.99mpg(sometimes does the live mpg correctly) and the 22mpg stays the same. No loss of power or smoke from the exhaust. I’ve not taken much notice of the cooling fan coming on after engine switch off but I have noticed it being on while idle.

Well the engine light is now on 😂 I’ve literally had enough of this car, couple of months ago my oil cooler had to be replaced too. 

1 hour ago, Martyitus said:

Well the engine light is now on 😂 I’ve literally had enough of this car, couple of months ago my oil cooler had to be replaced too. 

Get a code reader on it, might be something simple like just needing a regen.

Engine light is a good sign tbf, at least that'll mean there's a code  to help know what's causing the poor MPG!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club