Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Sensor's malfunctioned

Lconway

Hi guys,

recently put alloys on my car. Moved from 15' to 17's. After i done this whenever my car starts up i get a message pop up saying my tyre Sensor's have malfunctioned. When i had my 15's on i never had any issues. to be honest wasn't even aware i had them, as i never got any notifications even if I had a flat tyre when it was obvious.

Just wondering if anyone knows a fix to my problem. The dash light goes off if i reset my tyre pressure but comes back as soon as i start the car back up.

Thanks.

Edited by Lconway

no I didn't, wasnt aware there was any to begin with on my old alloys, as i never got messages saying my tyres were flat. Will have a look at my old ones to see if they are there.

I had this exact same issue, turned out the 17" didnt have sensors fitted in two of the wheels causing the message on the screen.  Got some off flea bay a trip to kwik fit who done it for free and the problem was sorted

• Like 2

The tyre pressure monitoring can be a right faff. 

Can be disabled using Forscan, which is nice! 

20 hours ago, craig26283 said:

The tyre pressure monitoring can be a right faff. 

Can be disabled using Forscan, which is nice! 

Until you need mot

On 7/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, iantt said:

Until you need mot

Explain? Mine went to Ford for its MOT and service and nothing was said.

As far as they, or anyone else, would be concerned is that the car never came with TPMS.

What about the millions of cars on the road without TPMS? I'm confused.

If they were factory fitted then they need to work.
It's become a legal requirement on vehicles designed after a certain date, the same as DRL did in 2011.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If they were factory fitted then they need to work.
It's become a legal requirement on vehicles designed after a certain date, the same as DRL did in 2011.

How do they know they were factory fitted? Actually, silly question. 

On 7/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, Lconway said:

wasnt aware there was any to begin with on my old alloys,

TPMS became mandatory in the EU for new vehicles in November 2014. However it was fitted before that, and the UK MoT gives 1st Jan 2012 as the cut-off date for TPMS lamp inspection. After that 1st use date, If the vehicle has the lamp, and it indicates a system failure like a missing or faulty sensor, then that is a fail. If it indicates low pressure, then that is not a TPMS fail, but might well be a minor fail due to the under-inflated tyre, which is similar to an advisory.

• Like 2

There are emulator boxes available on eBay that send a false sensor reading to the system, usually for when people fit race, winter or custom wheels where transferring sensor valves wouldn't be practical.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club