Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST Line Mk8 headlight unit removal

Snapper54

After removing the two T30 screws and the body fastener, can anybody tell me how you get the unit out?????? Ive tried many many times and it just wont come out.............

Im sure theres a way, theres got to be .............can anybody help!!

2 hours ago, Snapper54 said:

After removing the two T30 screws and the body fastener, can anybody tell me how you get the unit out?????? Ive tried many many times and it just wont come out.............

Persistence... it’s a bit of a pain to get it out, but you need to effectively lift the unit up as at the bottom the unit is fastened in with a bolt like thing that slots into a hole so lifting it up is the way to get it out and release that. 

One word of warning though, it is unnecessarily difficult to get it back in due to the said bolt thing as you will need to get it back in when fixing it back into place.

Thanks DG97 - I'll persist a bit longer!!! 

is it possible to change the dipped beam without removing the full unit?? or do you have to be a contortionist?!! 

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

Persistence... it’s a bit of a pain to get it out, but you need to effectively lift the unit up as at the bottom the unit is fastened in with a bolt like thing that slots into a hole so lifting it up is the way to get it out and release that. 

One word of warning though, it is unnecessarily difficult to get it back in due to the said bolt thing as you will need to get it back in when fixing it back into place.

is it possible to change the dipped beam without removing the full unit?? or do you have to be a contortionist?!! 

Ive done it, to put night breakers in.  You just have to wobble it out and in again.  Going back it's front end in a bit before the back and you'll feel when it sits right 

1 minute ago, Guy Heaton said:

Ive done it, to put night breakers in.  You just have to wobble it out and in again.  Going back it's front end in a bit before the back and you'll feel when it sits right 

Thanks Guy - I'll give it a good wobble tomorrow !!

You have to pull it past the resistance but it's hard cos it feels like you're going to break it.

23 minutes ago, Snapper54 said:

For an LED bulb, unfortunately it’s not possible - just not enough space. Passenger side, maybe but you’ll have to be skilful.

7 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

You have to pull it past the resistance but it's hard cos it feels like you're going to break it.

Thats just what I was frightened of doing............ Im fitting LED upgrade !

On 7/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, Snapper54 said:

its a pain to get out and even more of a pain to get back in as i have tried when fitting LED Bulbs. if your fitting LED ones its a headlight out job sadly not enough room for the fan/heatsink to get it in. 

Are you able to keep the cap on with LEDs?  Otherwise you're going to get condensation, especially come winter.  

Well I eventually got the headlight unit, Mr Ford doesnt really intend you to be getting them out does he?!!!! 

Unfortunately I broke one of the plastic tag anchoring points, doh  - what sort of material is it ? and whats best type of adhesive to use?

@Snapper54 for the broken part is a repair kit known problem the y hand it out free in Holland H1BB200A40BB  there is a TBN for this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club