Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best product to use, to clean recaro seats?

Xkalavous

Hello,

I want to give my seats in my ST a good clean as there is some deeper stains that look like a small amount of drink was spilt. So any good safe products I can use in the seats would be appreciated!

4 hours ago, Xkalavous said:

Hello,

I want to give my seats in my ST a good clean as there is some deeper stains that look like a small amount of drink was spilt. So any good safe products I can use in the seats would be appreciated!

I've had great results by renting a RugDoctor from my local Tesco, also available other places 

Personally wouldnt use steam on leather seats. They come with a protective coating from the factory that the heat would strip off straight away. 

If they are leather try out colourlock. They have a mild cleaner, conditioner and sealant. Made the leather on my seats a matte finish and took off the shiny finish. 

Didn't know they were leather 

The YouTube video says "steam clean" but it's not steam; just the water solution from the tank circulated through the vacuum head, 

It can be hot; but only if you were to use hot water which I recommend using for optimum results but theres no steam.

Fiesta ST3 Recaro's are only part leather...with light grey cloth centres which will inevitably look dirty in about a week... :laugh:   Probably not worth renting a rug doctor for such a small area...unless you want to do the carpets or even carpets in your house as well.  I'm yet to find a spray cleaner that removes deep stains effectively myself though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Fiesta ST3 Recaro's are only part leather...with light grey cloth centres which will inevitably look dirty in about a week... :laugh:   Probably not worth renting a rug doctor for such a small area...unless you want to do the carpets or even carpets in your house as well.  I'm yet to find a spray cleaner that removes deep stains effectively myself though.

I think you should try out that chemical guys cleaner. Diluted it and sprayed it on the fabric agitating it in with a toothbrush before wiping it off with a microfiber. Left it for a day for the dampness to go and it was clean. Did a little on my sister's car as the seats are really filthy since we bought it and now noticed a patch where it was cleaned meaning I have to do the whole thing. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club