Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine malfunction, limp mode then Non start

Mindblown

Hi All,
I have a 2010 kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCI, I have owned it for 5 years and only replaced the alternator and brake pads/tyres.
Well Friday whilst driving the engine malfunction message appeared and went into limp mode, then stopped I tried to restart but the car never even tried
and the immobiliser light was flashing.
 I called the AA who came out and done a scan and found the following :
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - AXI / Diesel CR/EDC SID 206.1P003A - Charge pressure actuator position sensor. Error Message : Open circuit.P253F - Engine oil service life. Error Message : Component aged.U0140 - CAN communication with central electronics. Error Message : No communication.U0155 - CAN communication with instrument cluster. Error Message : No communication.P1935 - Brake pedal switch. Error Message : Signal error.P1936 - Clutch pedal switch. Error Message : Signal error.P1622 - Immobilizer. Error Message : Key error.Resynchronise key stop and restart car. 
He reset my key and deleted fault codes which allowed the car to start, he said it probably just lost its signal, so off I went home. But then I went out later, but used my spare key just incase and after 2 miles the car did it again, I tried to use the master key in the ignition to try and start it but nothing. out came the AA again did a scan and found these :
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - AXI / Diesel CR/EDC SID 206.1U0140 - CAN communication with central electronics. Error Message : No communication.  U0155 - CAN communication with instrument cluster. Error Message : No communication.P1935 - Brake pedal switch. Error Message : Signal error.P1936 - Clutch pedal switch. Error Message : Signal error.P1622 - Immobilizer. Error Message : Key error.Attended vehicle, engine management warning light on, non start. Checked oil, water and battery - all,ok. Ran diagnostics, found immobiliser fault and communication faults with control units. Erased fault codes started engine. Checked charging system - ok. Patrol already attended vehicle for same fault this morning. Advised member vehicle needs to go into ford dealer, followed to home address.

So now I haven't used it since has anyone got any ideas or had the same issue ?
Help is much appreciated

Could be an earthing problem somewhere.
Have you tried removing and reconnecting all the cable blocks on the footwell fuse panel?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi

No I will try that in morning, and report back.

Thanks

• Like 1

Found the issue, cleaned earths pulled all plugs. And it still did it. As it was on drive I left it on and started pressing cluster and bingo different faults popped up. So took cluster out and will send it off tomorrow as my soldering skills are not up to that..

thanks stoney 

Fixed.

young electronic lad who lives next door. Re soldered the points. All is back to normal now. 

• 2 months later...

We have a 2009 kuga with almost identical fault codes as your second scan, just with 1 extra (U0140 CAN Communication with central electronics - no communication) 

can you explain in more detail the fix in your case so I can maybe try to check if our fault is similar please? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club