Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prosport suspension users, past and present

Pug=309

Hello, I'm looking for some opinions on prosport coilovers, I know there cheap and that get what you pay for, but I have read a lot of good reviews awell as some bad, the fact that they have TUV certification gives me a bit of hope that they are, atleast well made and decent.  I'm not looking to track them or go stupid low, just a decent ride. I'm needing shocks and until I can afford a more proven setup im wandering if they are worth it.

Thanks

Allan

No one had or have them?  Bain reason for thinking about them us that there is a discount code on this site for them.

Allan 

Not had them specifically but have had other cheap coilovers.  Poorly made, don't last long and ride horrifically.  They're fine if you just want stance for shows and wont be keeping the car more than a year but if ride comfort is a requirement (as it is for me) then you either need to spend a lot on high end coilovers or just stick with springs & shocks instead.

Hi, since adding my new wheels, I noticed that both front shocks were leaking, and with the car nearly at 100k, i thought it wise to just refresh the whole suspension starting with shocks and springs, the issue I'm having is that between the £200 prosports and  £800 ish bc racing suspension (which seems to have decent reviews), there's really nothing for my car, I had hoped there would be a "sports/lowered" shock and spring setup for my car, it's not really coilovers I'm after, just a slightly lower that stock shock and spring setup, and non of the brands I have seen don't seem to cater for the non st estate.

Any no  estate owners have lowered suspension on there cars?

Thanks

Allan

7 hours ago, Pug=309 said:

Hi, since adding my new wheels, I noticed that both front shocks were leaking, and with the car nearly at 100k, i thought it wise to just refresh the whole suspension starting with shocks and springs, the issue I'm having is that between the £200 prosports and  £800 ish bc racing suspension (which seems to have decent reviews), there's really nothing for my car, I had hoped there would be a "sports/lowered" shock and spring setup for my car, it's not really coilovers I'm after, just a slightly lower that stock shock and spring setup, and non of the brands I have seen don't seem to cater for the non st estate.

Any no  estate owners have lowered suspension on there cars?

Thanks

Allan

You can definitely get a set of Eibach Pro springs (my spring preference) for the Mk3.5 Estate...  Bilstein or Koni must make shocks for them surely?

I can find fronts for as those I guess would be the same as the hatch, on the bilstein site, they even show b8's for the front of the estate/turnier but nothing for the rear which I do find odd, unless I'm reading the site wrong.

The search continues

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, TomsFocus said:

You can definitely get a set of Eibach Pro springs (my spring preference) for the Mk3.5 Estate...  Bilstein or Koni must make shocks for them surely?

Aye, well, I've been a bit of an idiot, biltsein do a b12 kit for my car, not sure why it didn't come up in my searches but yeah, guess I was distracted by other issues with me car.

While I have been looking at shed loads of parts, I came across extended ball joints, apparently they are essential for getting rid of bump steer,   here's a link to one of the sites that mention it

http://functiontheory.com/2019/05/everything-you-need-to-know-about-extended-balljoints-including-how-to-install-them/

I didn't think they were needed, as I've never heard of anyone mention them before.

Thanks

Allan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club