Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Making my Mk6 slightly louder

Tomsfiesta

Hello all. I have a standard 1.25, 2006 ,Style model fiesta. I'm wanting to make it sound a little louder, but nothing to louder, but just more grr..if that makes sense. Will an induction kit do that or am I best going down the exhaust route? 

I don't think an induction kit will do much or even anything so probably an exhaust is a reliable mod to get some noise. 

Ok cool. Any suggestions? 

A proper induction kit will give you a bit more noise on a petrol, it's a gentle burble at idle with a sort of sucking 'bwaaaaar' noise as you build the revs, try running the engine with the airbox lid off briefly and you'll hear the difference.   They are usually classed as a performance mod though so can be a pain to insure when you're young. 

Exhausts give a lot more choice of noise, from tinny, buzzy 'bee in a can' right through to rumbly, bassy 'brown noise' tones.  Ideally you'd want somewhere between the two lol.  Personally I like the rasp of a Milltek but they don't make them for the 1.25.  You'd probably have to risk a cheap backbox unless you went for a custom system and could then chose exactly what you want.  Same problem with insurance though, so definitely check before buying anything.

Thank u. I'll take the air box off first and give that a go to see how it sounds. With the induction kits I've seen them priced from £40-£100. Am I best going with something like a k&n or will the cheaper kits do the same job? 

27 minutes ago, Tomsfiesta said:

Thank u. I'll take the air box off first and give that a go to see how it sounds. With the induction kits I've seen them priced from £40-£100. Am I best going with something like a k&n or will the cheaper kits do the same job? 

A straight swap panel filter from Green Cotton Performance or K&N will work well rather than a mushroom filter,

Also leave the induction box but remove the snorkel part 

Sounds like the filter route is a lot simpler and less faffing. I will explore the different options. So swapping the standard filter for a k&n or Green Cotton would make it sound better? Or would I need to adjust the air box too to get the most out of it? 

By removing the pipe will that lower my fuel economy?

If you want noise, you need to remove the airbox...upgrade panel filters are a bit pointless in my experience.

You will notice a drop in MPG because you'll drive it a bit harder to hear the noise lol.  

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you want noise, you need to remove the airbox...upgrade panel filters are a bit pointless in my experience.

You will notice a drop in MPG because you'll drive it a bit harder to hear the noise lol.  

Alternatively dropping the sump should get it popping and banging 🤣

Hi.

If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1