Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine code p2463

welsh-gaz83

Hi I hope someone can help I have just had a new backbox and middle section done and the engine light is on I have plugged my maxi Pro computer in and it says soot accumulation I have looked on the computer and seen it could be fuel vaporizer or fuse I don't think my car has a vaporizer it's a 2007 mk4 mondeo edge 2.0tdci I did try to do a static regeneration and it didn't work I hope it's not the dpf as this was replaced not long ago 

If you have a reader.  Might be worth getting forscan as that will give you more information and you can reset/run procedures that might help you.  Forscan is free and you can get a 2 month free licence as well. https://forscan.org/download.html

The obd I have is the autel maxi check Pro I don't have a laptop to put forscan on the one I use has said soot and Ash accumulation I'm puzzled with diesel engines 

One of the DPF sensors on the front section of the exhaust could quite easily have been damaged or come adrift when the rest of the exhaust was changed.

I'm not familiar with that engine but there should be a pressure sensor on either side of the DPF (metal tubes leading to the actual sensors) and some electrical temperature sensors. There may even be an O2 sensor, some Diesel engines do have them. 

Cheers I will keep trying things out

As said above check the sensors, also no vaporiser on that engine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, welsh-gaz83 said:

The obd I have is the autel maxi check Pro I don't have a laptop to put forscan on the one I use has said soot and Ash accumulation I'm puzzled with diesel engines 

These are different things.  All diesel engines produce soot, this is what gets trapped in the DPF.  If there is a problem (faulty EGR or boost leak for example) then the engine can produce more soot than the DPF can burn in the same amount of time.  This will cause a soot accumulation fault but should be clearable with a DPF regen once the other fault is fixed.

When the DPF burns the soot, it leaves a very small residue of ash which cannot pass through the DPF.  Over time this ash builds up and eventually blocks the DPF to the point of needing professional cleaning or replacement, there is no way to remove ash with the DPF in situ.  As you say your DPF was replaced recently it's pretty much impossible for it to be full of ash already so it's either soot, or a faulty pressure sensor or pipe.  

Does your scanner show live data at all?  If it does, look for DPF pressure differential.

I'm not sure if it has live data but will check it out

Just checked the book and it does have live data 

A bit of an update I've done some more tests on it and I've narrowed it down to the pipes or the egt sensor it looks like the dpf isn't getting the proper temp to do a re gen so I've ordered a new egt sensor so hopefully this should cure it 

• Like 1