Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No CD player- What options work best for you?

Stephen Cairns
聽Share

Seems cd's are going the same way as old tape cassettes, got a new car on Monday and no cd in that either. I ripped all my cd's to pc and put them on my phone and play them via BT on the car, also got Spotify I can use in car when I want something different plus plenty of stations on DAB where I'm sure you would find some stations to your liking. UK Gold does it for me with music from 60's/70's which suits me cos I'm a old *****.

Do I miss the cd in the car? NO, on the plus side there is no more clutter in the glovebox with cd cases,馃榾 at least if the worst should happen and the car gets stolen you don't lose all your music collection in one go.

• Thanks 1

you could have had a cd fitted as an optional extra in the glovebox. think it costs 拢200 now

• Thanks 2

Thank you so much for all the replies. Hadn't checked for a few days. I do appreciate people taking the time to suggest a way forward.

The new Fiesta was already in the showroom, and Ford cannot fit a CD player once it has left the factory. Not sure I would have wanted to pay 拢250 for one in the glovebox- I think that's a lot of money.

In the end I went for a USB stick- tiny little thing. Camouflages very well! I've only put 100 tracks on it so far and it has only used up a tiny amount of space. Sound quality seems fine to me. I do have to say the USB stick gets hot. Hoping this is normal for SanDisk!

I do have one more question... I would love to be able to shuffle the music so it plays randomly and not in alphabetical order. There are two shuffle-looking icons on the fancy screen. Can't figure out what's going on! I think the one on the right which goes 360 degrees repeats the entire collection. If you press it once, a 1 appears, so am guessing that means you are just repeating that track. But I would really like the music just to be chosen at random. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thank you again everyone. Your responses are much appreciated. 聽 聽

Thank you so much for all the replies. Hadn't checked for a few days. I do appreciate people taking the time to suggest a way forward.
The new Fiesta was already in the showroom, and Ford cannot fit a CD player once it has left the factory. Not sure I would have wanted to pay 拢250 for one in the glovebox- I think that's a lot of money.
In the end I went for a USB stick- tiny little thing. Camouflages very well! I've only put 100 tracks on it so far and it has only used up a tiny amount of space. Sound quality seems fine to me. I do have to say the USB stick gets hot. Hoping this is normal for SanDisk!
I do have one more question... I would love to be able to shuffle the music so it plays randomly and not in alphabetical order. There are two shuffle-looking icons on the fancy screen. Can't figure out what's going on! I think the one on the right which goes 360 degrees repeats the entire collection. If you press it once, a 1 appears, so am guessing that means you are just repeating that track. But I would really like the music just to be chosen at random. Does anyone know if that is possible?
Thank you again everyone. Your responses are much appreciated. 聽 聽

Press the one to the left of that and your tracks should play in random order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jollyandy said:

Press the one to the left of that and your tracks should play in random order.

Thank you. I have tried this, but all that happens is that it changes to a random track and then begins playing everything in order from that point. It is true I could just keep pressing that icon, but was hoping there was a way that it would just continuously shuffle if that makes sense. Of course, I might have not done it properly. There's nothing about it in the manual that I can see. Thanks again 馃檪

The fiesta has a CD player in the glovebox even if you order it from factory. It can be added after its in the accessory catalog. If you don't have it, you just get a slot instead which takes the handbook nicely.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I have tried this, but all that happens is that it changes to a random track and then begins playing everything in order from that point. It is true I could just keep pressing that icon, but was hoping there was a way that it would just continuously shuffle if that makes sense. Of course, I might have not done it properly. There's nothing about it in the manual that I can see. Thanks again [emoji846]聽

Sometimes you do have to persevere with this, try tapping on the right-hand icon (the one with the 1), then the left-hand icon, then see if your tracks play in random order.

12 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Sometimes you do have to persevere with this, try tapping on the right-hand icon (the one with the 1), then the left-hand icon, then see if your tracks play in random order.

Will give it another go! Thank you!

Must be honest, i prefer to listen to Radio Two mostly..

• 9 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 9:10 PM, Jollyandy said:

There is a CD player in the Ford accessory catalogue; only snag is, it鈥檚 拢250 and it鈥檚 placed in the glove box.

I have copied some stuff from Audio CD to USB, but when I bought my Ford Fiesta in 2018 I was disappointed that it did not have a cd player and no one pointed it out to me.

So I have bought the Ford Fiesta accessory CD player, which arrived today and is made by Pioneer.

It might need a dealer fit cable in order to install it but I will to take the glove box out to find out for sure.

I have too many CD to transfer to USB stick, and I can try to install it myself during lockdown.

Kind regards Tony

24 minutes ago, Bobr said:

You can get a portable CD player that operates on the USB hub.聽 聽I have no CD player on my laptop and I use one of these:聽 聽https://smile.amazon.co.uk/BEVA-External-Portable-Desktop-MacBook/dp/B07MKTMVT1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=6QRP5UYWN9UW&dchild=1&keywords=usb+cd+player+for+my+car&qid=1589893782&sprefix=usb+CD+player%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-3

I thought about one of those, but then thought that it would rattle around unsafely in the car. 馃榾

• 9 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 2:54 PM, Tonygibbs16 said:

I have copied some stuff from Audio CD to USB, but when I bought my Ford Fiesta in 2018 I was disappointed that it did not have a cd player and no one pointed it out to me.

So I have bought the Ford Fiesta accessory CD player, which arrived today and is made by Pioneer.

It might need a dealer fit cable in order to install it but I will to take the glove box out to find out for sure.

I have too many CD to transfer to USB stick, and I can try to install it myself during lockdown.

Kind regards Tony

U have an installation guide for this?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
On 7/29/2019 at 1:41 PM, Stephen Cairns said:

Taking delivery of a new Fiesta Titanium tomorrow. Didn't realise there is no CD player anymore. I have about 1300 CDs, and listening in the car to/from work is a great source of pleasure to me. As someone who is less than great with technology, can I ask how people listen to their music in the car? The salesman suggested a USB stick- roughly how many tracks can you fit onto one stick? I apologise if this is a repeated question- I searched through the first few pages and didn't see any question like this. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me. :-)聽

hey there, i found a kit from these guys and it works great in my truck. works through the usb port. they were very helpful when i emailed them some questions before i purchased

https://www.ensightauto.com/products/universal-usb-integrated-add-on-cd-player-for-any-vehicle

It鈥檚 a bit expensive

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club