Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No auto ST

Guy Heaton

I asked Ford if they were likely to make an auto version of the ST.

They said no.

I think they are missing a trick.  Most other manufacturers have auto versions of their warm and hot hatches that are arguably better to drive than the manual versions.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I asked Ford if they were likely to make an auto version of the ST.

They said no.

All the launch reports I've seen in the various motoring mags and websites suggested the 8 speed auto would appear later in the year. So perhaps the auto has now gone the way of the multi-link rear on the 1.5?😔💩💩💩😺😿 

Edit: don't know how the emojis got there!

So the exact words were "Currently we have no plans to release the Focus ST in automatic"  That could I suppose be them being commercially sensitive to their rivals.

I also asked in the stline x 182 would get a power hoke, they said "we havent announced any plans at this stage".  Ambigous again.  a 200bhp stline x would probably do me.

I had an invitation to order the mk4 ST last week and definitely no mention of automatic in the specs.
Apparently race red is the default no cost colour, no option for silver though [emoji21].

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

well that is ... but i dont plan to buy mk4 anyway 😄

I am assuming that the new ST has the same 2.3 as in the current RS? if so it should surely be able to put out a lot more power than stated?
Tbh I may hold off and see what the mk4 RS has to offer.

this they said there will be no rs mk4

i think better to buy A3 instead of focus that is my plan for next car but in next few years , was thinking about st auto  but looks like they solve my problem

this they said there will be no rs mk4
The swine

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

The swine

Well, there's always the Audi S3/RS3, Golf R, AMG A35/45, BMW M135iX - and the way Ford prices are going lately they're not looking such bad value these days.😀

Well, there's always the Audi S3/RS3, Golf R, AMG A35/45, BMW M135iX - and the way Ford prices are going lately they're not looking such bad value these days.[emoji3]

I'm brand loyal and can't stand the proliferation of Audi, Mercedes & BMW on the road.
They've become more common than many other makes.
Ford's are becoming more exclusive by the day [emoji39]

• Haha 1

I have heard MK4 rs will be 400bhp, AWD and hybrid.

There will be a MK4 RS, they’re too popular not to have one in the range at some point.

Yes, the new ST engine is basically a detuned mk3.5 RS engine.

Yes, the new ST engine is basically a detuned mk3.5 RS engine.

I bet Superchips would have a good play with that map.
Imagine an ST with 375+ bhp.

• Like 1

It's a lot through the front wheels even if you spec the electronic LSD.

It's a lot through the front wheels even if you spec the electronic LSD.
Maybe so but it would be a true beast.
I'm sure it would be fun to try.

20 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

So the exact words were "Currently we have no plans to release the Focus ST in automatic"  That could I suppose be them being commercially sensitive to their rivals.

I also asked in the stline x 182 would get a power hoke, they said "we havent announced any plans at this stage".  Ambigous again.  a 200bhp stline x would probably do me.

Correct.

Ford NEVER tell of future product plans, even if they know it will loose a sale.

Focus ST Petrol 7 speed DSG 20MY

No mention of 8 speed auto in the diesel yet

The MHEV systems are about to be launched in the new Puma, announced on the 1.0 Ecoboost only at present, pushing the 1,0 Ecoboost to 155BHP.

I expect this powertrain to end up in Fiesta and Focus on both the 1.0 and the 1.5 versions so a current 1.5 could easily see 200BHP as a MHEV

• Like 2

7 speed DSG?  Yes please.  How do you know these things?  😀  200bhp equivalent MHEV would really interest me.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

How do you know these things? 

There have been lots of reports on all this stuff in the various car mags and on the internet, though the Focus ST stuff I've seen mentioned 8 speed torque converter box. Have seen mention of 7 speed dual clutch in relation to the Puma. The Puma MHEV info is on Ford's website.

I'm also quite intrigued by the MHEV. On the Puma apparently, they fit a bigger turbo to get the 155ps, then the electric motor assists the i/c engine lower down, boosting torque to around 177lbs/ft, so in effect similar outputs to the 150ps 1.5 with, in theory, lower emissions and better mpg. 

Of course, Ford could always change their minds............

• Like 1

Good info aye.  In 32 years of driving I've never had a fast ford so it's an area I don't know much about.  Had an opportunity to buy a Mondeo st24 many years back, wish I had.  

Although this is the performance bargain of the decade.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906219258590

Same engine as the focus st, detuned to get it into the lower tax.  Few hundred quid for intercooler and remap to around 270bhp and off you go.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club