Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto climate control issue - Fiesta 2014 1.6L

Roy Ulman

Hello everyone,

Since a few weeks ago the automatic climate control  in my 2014 Fiesta started acting up.

In some occasions, when first stating the engine and turning auto CC it works perfectly fine, then when I actually start driving the AC immediately stop blowing air (sometimes even blowing somewhat hot air).

In other occasions, after starting the engine the auto climate control doesn't blow air at all (or barely) but after 10-20 mins of driving and cycling between modes it suddenly starts working properly.It's worth noting that on manual a/c control (temps set to LOW, manual blower etc) the a/c cools and works perfectly fine, so it's seems to be an issue with the automatic controls.

I have this car for about 2 years and I can tell this is a new problem and not a normal behaviour for my auto cc system.

I was wondering if there's a way to run a self-test or a reset of the auto cc system, or otherwise a different way to test or fix this issue?

Thanks for the help

Roy

Well i have to say i have this on my 2011 Titanium and i have used it a few times but it drives me nuts,its always switching to either cool it down or heat it up and even if it just drops a bit in temp or rises so i gave up on it.

Its like a 10 mins or so cycle where it keeps checking the temp then fan comes on for Aircon or heater.

Never used it for years and had car for just over 4 years,if im hot its Aircon or window down and cold its hot air Lol.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, jace1969 said:

Well i have to say i have this on my 2011 Titanium and i have used it a few times but it drives me nuts,its always switching to either cool it down or heat it up and even if it just drops a bit in temp or rises so i gave up on it.

Its like a 10 mins or so cycle where it keeps checking the temp then fan comes on for Aircon or heater.

Never used it for years and had car for just over 4 years,if im hot its Aircon or window down and cold its hot air Lol.

Well yea doing it manually is my best option right now but considering this is a rather new issue maybe its fixable for me.

I just noticed today that it not just Auto CC doesn't work, but also the temperature setting itself.

Even if set the temps to 16.0-17.0 C (on a 25c + day)  etc it'll barely blow any air or even slight warm air.

Only when it set to LO (lowest possible temperature setting) it'll cool properly

I'm just guessing but perhaps an internal air temperature gauge isn't working properly causing the A/C to "think" the ambient temp in the car is cold whilst it's actually cold?

Blocked up fan on the air temp sensor. 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:26 AM, iantt said:

Blocked up fan on the air temp sensor. 

Any tips on how to attempt to fix it?

is it DIYable or requires a mechanic?

Thanks

On 8/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, jace1969 said:

Best way to ruin car a/c is not to use it - it needs to run to lubricate all the seals - climate should be left on all the time, once it has the correct temperature it won't use much energy - in winter it will also dehumidfy to keep your windows clear.

• Like 1

Best way to ruin car a/c is not to use it - it needs to run to lubricate all the seals - climate should be left on all the time, once it has the correct temperature it won't use much energy - in winter it will also dehumidfy to keep your windows clear.
Saying that and I did think this but my car went into service in july and never use a/c for a good 12 months and no leaks all a1 as I asked them to check it because what you said and what I thought and still do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just an update if anyone encounters this issue

It was indeed the internal air temp sensor,

I bought a used one through eBay, used this video to replace it and everything seems to work properly again. 

• 1 year later...

Im having the same problems on my 2010 fiesta. Ive changed the temp air sensor and its still doing it! what else could be the problem? how do I unclog the temp sensor fan?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club