Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse Types

auldreekie

Can anyone tell me the fuse type I should be looking at for Mk8 2019 Fiesta Active please.

Took dashcam off my old car (fiesta) so I can use it on the new one but I believe the fuse types are different, also will need a new fuse tap (piggy back).

7 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

Can anyone tell me the fuse type I should be looking at for Mk8 2019 Fiesta Active please.

Took dashcam off my old car (fiesta) so I can use it on the new one but I believe the fuse types are different, also will need a new fuse tap (piggy back).

I actually just did a dashcam install on mine this week so it's still fresh in my head.  :)  You'll need the micro2 versions - this is the tap I bought that works:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E8YARUG/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

Note that it doesn't come with any fuses, but I just used one of the spares until I go buy a new 5A one for the camera.

4 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

I actually just did a dashcam install on mine this week so it's still fresh in my head.  🙂 You'll need the micro2 versions - this is the tap I bought that works:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E8YARUG/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

Note that it doesn't come with any fuses, but I just used one of the spares until I go buy a new 5A one for the camera.

Thanks Dan, nice one. While its still "fresh in your head" to you remember which fuse number you piggy backed from, providing your cam works when ignition is switched on only. Shouldn't be too much difference in fusebox layouts ...I think.

I used position 3 which is for the parking sensors and it worked just fine as a switched live.  :)

👍