Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Damaged wing mirror

rob1255

Hello,

My passenger side wing mirror was broken off whilst driving in Italy (therefore here it is the roadside, rather than curbside, mirror).  All that is left is the damaged plastic mounting, and some of the adjustment electrics.

My car is destined for the scrap heap in a few months therefore I am after the cheapest LEGAL repair job.  Will affixing a new mirror (from the local equivalent of Halfords) to the bracket suffice?  

Thank you,

Rob

4 hours ago, rob1255 said:

Hello,

My passenger side wing mirror was broken off whilst driving in Italy (therefore here it is the roadside, rather than curbside, mirror).  All that is left is the damaged plastic mounting, and some of the adjustment electrics.

My car is destined for the scrap heap in a few months therefore I am after the cheapest LEGAL repair job.  Will affixing a new mirror (from the local equivalent of Halfords) to the bracket suffice?  

Thank you,

Rob

As long as there aren't any sharp edges and it is secure then I can't see a problem.

You dont need a nearside wing mirror providing that the interior mirror and the Off side mirror are both functioning, so just remove the damaged bits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

You dont need a nearside wing mirror providing that the interior mirror and the Off side mirror are both functioning, so just remove the damaged bits.

I wasn't sure if that was still the case but if so then that's ideal!

Thank you.  I guess that because I am driving on the right (in Italy) that the opposite applies here and that I cannot drive without the mirror.  Not that people appear to use their mirrors much here...