Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what battery do i get

mrmetallica

i need a new battery for my ford focus 09 titanium fl.

what is the best type to get ? ive looked on euro car parts site the one it comes up is half the price on flea bay on euro site it says for my car same one on eBay says it doesnt fit ?

ive contacted them got message saying they will ask the right department but its been 3 days . just want to know what type of battery would be best to get ?

this is the one on eBay Lion MF55457 075 Car Battery 3 Years Warranty 60Ah 500cca 12V Electrical will it be ok or is there better

some people will tell you that you need an enhanced flooded battery as modern fords charge at a higher voltage than spme other cars and this will overheat/buckle the plates in a battery that is not EFB type.  If it was me i might think about the cost saving and how long I might have the car. If they say it is suitable and it has 3 year warranty then if it does fail you should get a replacement from them. 

a bit about EFB

https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/technology/efb-battery-technology

the lion battery is same price on euro car parts as eBay if you use discount code payday50.  You always need the latest discount code on euro car parts

10 minutes ago, isetta said:

some people will tell you that you need an enhanced flooded battery as modern fords charge at a higher voltage than spme other cars and this will overheat/buckle the plates in a battery that is not EFB type.  If it was me i might think about the cost saving and how long I might have the car. If they say it is suitable and it has 3 year warranty then if it does fail you should get a replacement from them. 

a bit about EFB

https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/technology/efb-battery-technology

the lion battery is same price on euro car parts as ebay if you use discount code payday50.  You always need the latest discount code on euro car parts

on euro cp its £80 on eBay £44 but eBay says doesnt fit be uero say it does ? well im 63 soon so wont be getting new car soon as i cant work due to ill health so it will have to do me

I don't know if it fits or not. Is the one in the car '075' size?.  Might have a label on top showing this if you can't see the side of the battery.

It's not £80 on eurocarparts website, it is £44.54 as long as you put the discount code in. They always have discount codes and you always need to insert it or you pay over the odds.

This message appears at the top of their webpages:

Pay Day Sale: 

Up To 50% Off

USE CODE: PAYDAY50

My Basket - 1 item(s)

Discount Code
REMOVE CODE

Your Discount has been applied: ( Pay Day Sale - Up to 50% Off Car Parts Online )

Subtotal:  £80.99Discount: - £36.45Total (inc VAT): £44.54

Lion 075 Car Battery - 3 Year Guarantee Lion 075 Car Battery - 3 Year GuaranteeProduct Code : 444770751
£80.99
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

59 minutes ago, isetta said:

I don't know if it fits or not. Is the one in the car '075' size?.  Might have a label on top showing this if you can't see the side of the battery.

It's not £80 on eurocarparts website, it is £44.54 as long as you put the discount code in. They always have discount codes and you always need to insert it or you pay over the odds.

This message appears at the top of their webpages:

Pay Day Sale: 

Up To 50% Off

USE CODE: PAYDAY50

My Basket - 1 item(s)

Discount Code
REMOVE CODE

Your Discount has been applied: ( Pay Day Sale - Up to 50% Off Car Parts Online )

Subtotal:  £80.99Discount: - £36.45Total (inc VAT): £44.54

Lion 075 Car Battery - 3 Year Guarantee Lion 075 Car Battery - 3 Year GuaranteeProduct Code : 444770751
£80.99
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

i tried putting the code in it didnt work says not valid or out of date something like that.but on there site it says £80 but eBay £44.54

not sure whats on mine got it from bush batteries some years ago but they shut down

thats the one ive ordered im hoping its right going there tomorrow to find out

14 hours ago, isetta said:

It only needs to be EFB for stop start cars, not the Mk2.5 Focus. :smile:   However it does need to be silver calcium for the Smart Charge (all Fords since about 2000), standard batteries don't last long on modern Fords.

Lion batteries are utter crap though, make sure you keep the receipt handy as you'll probably need that 3 year warranty! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It only needs to be EFB for stop start cars, not the Mk2.5 Focus. :smile:   However it does need to be silver calcium for the Smart Charge (all Fords since about 2000), standard batteries don't last long on modern Fords.

Lion batteries are utter crap though, make sure you keep the receipt handy as you'll probably need that 3 year warranty! :rolleyes: 

Ill second that especially the Lion battery bit.

you will also be suprised how well priced the correct battery from Ford is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Focus needs silver calcium battery being able to withstand high under-the-hood temperature, considering it's position. Ca-Ca battery tends to corrode quickly (shed active material, hence electrolyte goes brown) due to the high temperature.

If you need a battery try to find one with largest size (Focus battery holder is 315 mm long, 175 mm wide and 175 mm high) and most recent production date. My preferences would be:

- Yuasa YBX-5100

- Duracell/Banner DA80 or DA77T

These two specify the battery as silver calcium, others are not. 

can some one point me to a battery that fits that is good please

1 hour ago, Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci said:

Focus needs silver calcium battery being able to withstand high under-the-hood temperature, considering it's position. Ca-Ca battery tends to corrode quickly (shed active material, hence electrolyte goes brown) due to the high temperature.

If you need a battery try to find one with largest size (Focus battery holder is 315 mm long, 175 mm wide and 175 mm high) and most recent production date. My preferences would be:

- Yuasa YBX-5100

- Duracell/Banner DA80 or DA77T

These two specify the battery as silver calcium, others are not. 

the yuasa on eBay says it doesnt fit ?

sorry, got it wrong in my first reply. I should have said silver calcium, not EFB. My memory seems to be failing me.

I put a Lion battery in my wife's Focus but we sold the car about 18 months later so don't know how long it would have lasted but fine after 18 months.

Her current Mazda has a Lion battery which has been in there about 18 months and that is fine.

But alas I can't verify they last more than 18 months.  Don't lose the paperwork

never had a problem with the lion battery , as as with any brand of batt they never last for ever, and if they fail within the 3,4 or 5yr guarantee then you`ll get a new one and it won`t cost you anything. so you have nothing to loose 😉

On 8/2/2019 at 4:17 PM, andypsp said:

never had a problem with the lion battery , as as with any brand of batt they never last for ever, and if they fail within the 3,4 or 5yr guarantee then you`ll get a new one and it won`t cost you anything. so you have nothing to loose 😉

That's really useful when you're stranded miles from home on a Sunday night because the car won't start...

• Like 1

That can happen with any brand of car batt.  AA, RAC and GREEN FLAG. come to mind lol 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, andypsp said:

That can happen with any brand of car batt.  AA, RAC and GREEN FLAG. come to mind lol 😁

Tbh I'd put more trust in a Lion battery than a breakdown service...  :rolleyes:  I've never been reached in less than an hour so far...let alone recovered in any sort of sensible timescale...or they're going to charge you a daft amount to fit one of their own batteries so your battery warranty becomes irrelevant.  A mate of mine recently had to call recovery due to a snapped clutch cable on a Sunday night...was a major company (either RAC or AA, can't remember which) and they told him it would be 3 hours wait...in the end he gave up and got a lift with someone, leaving the car there for a few days.  Fortunately he knows a lot of people and has spare cars to use, I don't...  

I guess it depends how much you can cope with breakdowns though.  If being stranded for a few hours (or potentially more) isn't of concern then it probably doesn't matter.  For me I'd rather have the peace of mind of decent parts to reduce the risk of breakdowns. :smile: 

• Like 1

It's always down to luck as with anything in life if you get a quick service or not 😂

3 hours ago, andypsp said:

It's always down to luck as with anything in life if you get a quick service or not 😂

True...luck is something I rarely seem to get! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

True...luck is something I rarely seem to get! :laugh: 

your day will come tom so just hang on in there 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1