Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Minor Problem maybe? Please help

Bazza2222

Hello, I have a bolt missing on the top of the turbo. According to the haynes manual it's the outlet pipe bolt. The picture in the haynes manual is on page 4A.18 picture 13.3c.

I have had the car only a couple of weeks but only noticed today that there was a bolt missing. One side has the shorter torx bolt but it's the longer one that's missing. I don't know if this bolt is important or not so I came here to see if someone could help, seems like a good place to get an answer. 

Thanks.

20190802_144616.jpg

does the hole go right through and out of the other end in the alloy casting? (eg. can you put a piece of wire through there and it comes out the other end?

It is hard to tell in photo but I was wondering if that actually is a torx bolt and the torx shape being deeper recessed in the bolt head

Yes, it goes right through. I thought maybe using some metal wire temporarily to hold it but i'm not too sure about that.

I think it sits the same as the shorter bolt on the other side, just longer. Anyway here is a few more pictures including the picture and description from the Haynes manual:

20190801_183427.jpg

20190803_153351.jpg

20190803_153359.jpg

20190801_183441.jpg

Sorry that last pic is awful but you can see the bolt in the haynes picture. It goes right through and with a few mm more.

I have a friend who is scrapping their car which is the same model as mine and she is also missing the bolt!

Makes me think its a common thing for them to shake their way loose over time?

2 minutes ago, Bazza2222 said:

Anyone have an answer?

Yes it's an important bolt, you will be losing boost pressure through that gap.  A temp fix with wire will be better than nothing but really you need to replace the bolt with the proper one.

Ok I will strap it up as best I can, have to wait til tomorrow to sort it proper. Any idea what size/type bolt I would need?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club