Do Not Sell My Personal Information

under dash light

dezwez

hi can anyone tell me the law on using under dash light with the main lights on at night thanks in adv

22 minutes ago, dezwez said:

hi can anyone tell me the law on using under dash light with the main lights on at night thanks in adv

@Stoney871 might know 

I can advise on wiring them in on a switch,

Splice in to the interior light feed then fit an illuminated switch next to the OBD port; it will be hidden from view but also illuminate the pocket when its active.

Wiring to the interior dash lights will see the additional lights become active along with your parking lights etc. Unless you put the switch to off; in which case they wont do anything. 

The unused switch plates next to the heated windscreen switch or rear Demister switch; all have cables behind them containing feeds from the interior lighting; I can search my guides for colour of cable which you should splice in to.

But overall; I cant answer your initial question atall so as they say in Dragons Den "I'm out" 

• Like 1

thanks mate there not for mine just someone asked me about the law on them I dont no if Stoney would no👍

• Like 1

They're fine as long as the driver doesn't distract themself or others and they aren't too bright.
Bear in mind my ST has ambient lights that stay on with the headlights on but the brightness is controlled on the same circuit that controls the dash brightness.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/919988/interior-car-light-driving-myth-busted-illegal

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

They're fine as long as the driver doesn't distract themself or others and they aren't too bright.
Bear in mind my ST has ambient lights that stay on with the headlights on but the brightness is controlled on the same circuit that controls the dash brightness.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/919988/interior-car-light-driving-myth-busted-illegal

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

right thanks I will pass that on :smile:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club