Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!! Alternator Pulley

Sheeps

Evening all,

would really appreciate anyone’s help! 

Today while travelling home from a weeks camping my 2011 Grand Cmax 2l TDCi Duratorq died on me. RAC came out and mech came quickly to same conclusion I had reached which was an alternator issue. 

When he looked at it he a load of iron filings which were from the pulley and said the alternator should be ok and I should be able to just replace the wheel however I can’t find anywhere how to get to it to get it off!  I know it’s through the wheel arch but that’s as far as I’ve got. Haynes don’t have a manual for my car and can’t find any guides online. 

Hopefully some one on here will be able to help!! 

Or even just the correct way to remove the alternator. Nothing definitive out there. Wish Haynes would bring out the manual!

Is there enough access to just replace the clutch pulley without removing the whole alternator?

Alternator is just a few bolts so nothing particularly difficult, it's just the limited space that makes it awkward.  Will just need to remove the aux belt and electrical connections first.  Make sure the battery is disconnected for this.

There's a special tool that you can buy aftermarket for alternator pulleys. A friend of mine has one. [emoji108]

I can't advise on removing it but you might find it easier to buy a 2nd hand alternator with a good pulley on it, rather than buy a new pulley and have the grief of getting the old one off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club