Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Upgrade?

Rippers

I love the idea of it.. but i just cannot make my mind up. i think the exhaust looks smart but im not sure that its worth its £1500 price tag! i can afford to get it but im not sure if i wanna get it. what does every1 else think about it? I've raced my mates one with my standard zs and it aint really that much quicker... NO WAY is it 2 seconds quicker!

You need to talk to DanGull about this one!

He didn't seem to be all too bothered about getting it, had a ride in titanium_s_spec's mountune fiesta at the meet and he came back grinning like a cat and saying "i'm getting that" !!

It sounds wicked :)

You need to talk to DanGull about this one!

He didn't seem to be all too bothered about getting it, had a ride in titanium_s_spec's mountune fiesta at the meet and he came back grinning like a cat and saying "i'm getting that" !!

It sounds wicked :)

The exhaust sounds incredible.

Hopefully Dan will write a nice description of the differences/his experience, as I am also chomping at the bit to get Mountune. Think I'll have to wait until September ish though to afford it. :(

again... it sounds good... like exhaust tone... but is it worth 1500 for an exhaust? me thinks it aint lol.. and it aint much quicker!

"The 140PS performance upgrade, for Zetec-S and Titanium 1.6-litre models, consists of a high-flow air induction system, a high performance exhaust system including high-flow catalyst and tubular manifold, and re-calibration of Ford’s 1.6-litre Ti-VCT Sigma engine to produce 140PS at 6750rpm and 170NM at 4250rpm. This boost in performance reduces the standard 0-60mph time from 9.9secs to 7.9secs."

fiesta140graph.jpg

Unless they're lying that speaks for itself. Whether 20bhp is worth £1600 is highly debatable really.

I love the idea of it.. but i just cannot make my mind up. i think the exhaust looks smart but im not sure that its worth its £1500 price tag! i can afford to get it but im not sure if i wanna get it. what does every1 else think about it? I've raced my mates one with my standard zs and it aint really that much quicker... NO WAY is it 2 seconds quicker!

my last car was an st500 fiesta and my z-s is just as quick from 0-60 and did 144bhp on the rollers mountune does what it says on the tin

no disrespect to your m8 but can he drive...ask andrew how much faster it is ......... and you need to get the pop out the back every gear change t make it sound even better........

ask andrew how much faster it is

If you mean me following our little scientific experiment then yeah it definately is a fair bit faster, and I was absolutely nailing it. (Up to the legal speed limit of course :P)

We even did an in gear acceleration test in 4th at about 60mph to remove the time differences between our gear changes and the Mountune did romp home pretty easily.

Don't get me wrong, it's no Lamborghini but it's a fair bit quicker than the standard 1.6.

• Like 1

Throwing in my tuppence worth -

As the owner of a standard 1.6 Titanium and having been driven in a Titanium with the Mountune kit fitted - and also having driven a Mountune fitted ZS - there are many good things about the upgrade.

Moving the redline back to 7500rpm is a good move in itself, it makes the car even better to thrash, and combined with the exhaust note makes downshifts a real pleasure.

However - while the car is quicker, it's not considerably quicker and it's definitely not £1600 quicker for me. I have always been sceptical regarding the removal of 2 seconds from the 0-60 sprint time and I don't believe it now either.

Although I did indeed jump out S Spec's car and say that I was planning on having it fitted - the sensible head has gone on, the money has gone in the savings account - and it'll be going on the Focus RS (or equivalent two and a half years down the line) I plan to go for when the Option finishes on my car. :D

Throwing in my tuppence worth -

As the owner of a standard 1.6 Titanium and having been driven in a Titanium with the Mountune kit fitted - and also having driven a Mountune fitted ZS - there are many good things about the upgrade.

Moving the redline back to 7500rpm is a good move in itself, it makes the car even better to thrash, and combined with the exhaust note makes downshifts a real pleasure.

However - while the car is quicker, it's not considerably quicker and it's definitely not £1600 quicker for me. I have always been sceptical regarding the removal of 2 seconds from the 0-60 sprint time and I don't believe it now either.

Although I did indeed jump out S Spec's car and say that I was planning on having it fitted - the sensible head has gone on, the money has gone in the savings account - and it'll be going on the Focus RS (or equivalent two and a half years down the line) I plan to go for when the Option finishes on my car. :D

yeah. i went in my mates one and was like wow thats awesome i want one... but i have no intention of keeping this car more than 2 years... as soon as im 21, i would have finished my ford apprenticeship, and will be on a very nice salary lol.. so ill get my focus RS mk2. id rather put my cash towards that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club